LPVO sleeper fixes its biggest issue.

pointblank4445

Established
Just a heads up for those ballers on a budget that want to get in on a pretty good value.

Armament Technology Inc, the company the brings you Elcan and Tangent Theta optics has had a reasonably-priced (competitive with the Razor HD2E 1-6) optic out for some time.
Despite being light, affordable and well thought out, it utilized a unique X-pattern design in the reticle to serve as a rapid-aiming feature along with an Acog/elcan style BDC.

Recently they decided to put out an improved reticle that does away with the "X" and shifts over to a mil-based hold system that is similar to the NF 1-8's and Razor 1-10 layout. Granted it's not a daylight-bright "dot" but the illumination can give you a very bright crosshair and useful aiming at 1x...besides, everybody doing that offset mRDS anyways.

While I've had one of the older model 1-6's on a dept. gun, I've been very happy with the cost, size, and the incredible image quality and forgiveness of the optic. I'm very excited to see they've addressed what has been its biggest "weakness"

1695410968950.jpeg1695410912313.jpeg

shoobe01

Established
ATI is a distributor. They also /make/ their (other than ELCAN, still in Canada) optics? Like, have a factory make or subcontract to someone else we should know about?

pointblank4445

Established
ATI is a distributor. They also /make/ their (other than ELCAN, still in Canada) optics? Like, have a factory make or subcontract to someone else we should know about?

Given how the optics market works and differences in where the glass is sourced vs. who the OEM is vs. where it's "assembled", things get murky.
It's a collaborative effort between ATI and Tangent Theta's people. Japanese OEM and Japanese glass...not if it's assembled there or in Canada.
The SAI 1-6x I've got says "made in Japan".
I'm pretty confident they're probably using the same OEM as many of the other 2nd-tier optics our community knows and loves to use.