Looking to build a 6.5 Grendel for fun

Vinsynd

Amateur
I’d like to build a 6.5 Grendel AR for fun. Intended use is shooting paper. Maybe if my hunting friends bring me along I’ll use it for southeastern deer (stalking and blind). I plan to have an OSS Helix on it basically all the time.

I have a few questions before I start buying anything:

Faxon makes a 16” gunner profile barrel with a SAAMI spec chamber. I like this length since I’m adding a 7” suppressor and would like to keep it relatively handy. Is this barrel good? Should I consider others? Am I off base on wanting 16” over 18” or 20”?

I’d like to try out an adjustable gas block to dial in for the can. After reading around I found the the SLR and Odin works have generally good reviews. The JP also has them but the adjustment screw is perpendicular to the barrel and can’t be adjusted from the front like the others. Any recommendations or others I should lookup?

JP, Odin and Faxon make type 2 Grendel bolts and both normal/low mass bolt carrier groups but some recommend against using their low mass bcg with 6.5 Grendel (Faxon). I’m undecided on which route to go. Is there a benefit to a low mass bcg with 6.5grendel like there is with 556?

Buffer weight and spring power. I have no idea yet which ones are best to use. AA says carbine buffer and spring are fine. Will this change with the Faxon barrel’s intermediate gas length?

Any other things I need to look out for or consider?

Yes these are stupid questions but I’m new to Grendel and figured I’d start at 0.

Gypsy EDC

Love the round for AR15 platform
I've got 2 a 12" set up for deer & an 18" setup for coyotes and paper. Both uppers are Odin works. Frankly I don't shoot the 18" very often now that I have the 12"IMG_20200220_093437622-01-01.jpeg

Vinsynd

Amateur
Ooh I was planning on getting the Odinworks Ragna Handguard like you have. Are you happy with it? Any flex with all the material removed?