looking for LWT level 4 xl plates

adam_s

Steve: Do they need to be NIJ Lvl4 certified, or just stop .308/M855/M193 rounds?
Does thickness carry into the equation at all, or just weight?

Default.mp3

Established
http://www.midwestarmor.com/body-armor/venture-fm4

Those are the lightest Level IV NIJ-rated plates that I'm aware of that also come in XL. There are other plates that are the about same weight, but are ICW, rather than this standalone, so you save some weight on not needing backers.

These are a bit lighter (though thicker), but I'm not sure of their origin, and they appear to be independently tested rather than NIJ certified.

adam_s

Those Battalion Defense plates I'd be willing to bet are sourced from Hesco (formerly Reed Composites). While independently tested, they aren't some fly by night company.

Steve-PM outbound.

AT Armor

Vendor
@Steve F

Midwest does indeed have the lightest thing going that I am aware of for a Level IV.

However, there are a lot of special threat plates out that provide a lighter solution agaist a select set of threats that are common in CONUS (and a lot of OCONUS).

Blast me an email and Ill get a couple of recommendations to you if you would like. mike@atarmor.com

Vr
Mike

Longeye

Established
Steve,
Your probably set now, but the Velocity Systems PBZ series come in our size in SAPI shapes and sizes.

Also, the Paraclete/PointBlank Speed plate Plus comes in our size in SAPI size and shape.

I have both, the VS PBZ is my preference, but the price is nearly double. For my purposes, it is worth the extra.