Looking for a taller mount for the Steiner P4Xi

Freedom Forged

I currently have it mounted with Midwest Industries 30mm QD mount.

sY66m1O.jpg

I want to raise the scope some so I am considering this by Yankee Hill Machine.

Vg4DSnl.jpg

I'm not sure I like the idea of "stacking" mounts. Do you guys know of any other options as far as mounts? Doesn't necessarily have to be a QD mount.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Searching "1.93" and "2.04" scope mounts on the forum and Primary fb group will provide info your looking for.

Also in the words of Fisher "Wait till after SHOT show".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wake27

If you can’t wait, Geissele, AND, and I believe MI all have 1.93” mounts. But yeah, I’d wait until SHOT because I’m hoping there will be a cheaper non-QD option than the G. Badger is releasing one but it’s modular so may not be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Badgers mount will be a 1.7somthing or lower 1/3rd height fwiw.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mike_IA

Badger will have multiple mounting heights- 1.54, 1.70, 1.93, and possibly a 2.04 to follow.

If you are looking for a budget solution to get higher than 1.54. You can stack an optic mount on a YHM 0.25” riser. Use some locktite on the screws and make sure to push the riser forward as you are tightening it down, this will “pre-load” it and lessen the chances of movement under recoil (standard practice for any optic mount).

Year before I ran an EOTech stacked on a YHM riser, last year a Geissele 1.54 mount, and this year Geissele again. Aside from me the Northern Red dudes used to do this and a few other guys when only Geissele 1.54” mounts were available.