Long sleeve hot weather shirts

HCrum87hc

Amateur
I used to wear the Columbia sun shirts for lake/inshore fishing, but they're super baggy, and the ones I have are very vibrant. They were relegated to yard work/fishing shirts only. Lately I've been wearing the Eddie Bauer version, which fits better and looks a bit better. The colors are also more neutral/subdued. I like to wear them on the range and when mountain fly fishing for trout in the summer.

Default.mp3

Established
I personally use Outdoor Research Astroman shirts along with the hoody, and Arc'teryx Elaho; the Riel might also be worth looking into, though the UPF on that is much lower than the Elaho.

JRLym

Moving from the gun industry to the motorsports industry I've found some crossover with Jersey and adventure clothing that keeps you light and cool without the sun tearing you up. Klim, Alpinestar and some other brands have decent offerings. I end up in something ridiculous most the time because I have jerseys stacked everywhere in gear bags but they do the job great.

Attachments

• 2017-07-Utah-1168.jpg
    2017-07-Utah-1168.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Boss rugby, or the Arcteryx Elaho shirts. Boss rugby for hiking, early season hot hunts, range days or casual use, and the Elaho for anything needing a collar.

22F

Staff member
Personally, for hot weather I’m still sticking with a simple cotton shirt.

Any short of sport fishing shirt is money, most training companies based out of South Florida will have them such as Kinetic Consulting, Triad Medical and Condition One Group.

Default.mp3

Established
I've been using these sun sleeves along with a short-sleeved shirt. I can peel them off when not needed.
I tried the sun sleeves, but they're not as good as a good long sleeve, IME. The sun sleeves are useful when you're doing a lot of stuff with your hands constantly, due to them staying out of your hands better, but a good sun shirt or sun hoody I find to be much better from a comfort perspective due to the looser cut, which keeps you cooler overall.