Long sleeve hot weather shirts | Primary & Secondary

Long sleeve hot weather shirts

Discussion in 'Clothing & Shoes' started by PatMcG, Jun 13, 2017.

1. PatMcG

PatMcG Amateur

Looking for people's go to for hot weather long sleeve shirts. I'm looking to cut back on the sun exposure on long days a little bit as it seems I'm getting some skin spot scraped off more often than I'd like. I've been using Huk fishing shirts so far but wondering why other stuff is out there. NO BUTTON UPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0311 likes this.
  2. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Member

Billabong etc offer long sleeve loose fitting sun shirts. I enjoy mine in and out of the water and it feels more like a conventional fabric than that pseudo wetsuot/underarmor feel that traditional surf shirts have.

3. Longeye

Longeye Established

Have you tried Velocity Systems Boss Rugby?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wake27 and Tropleo like this.
  4. MojoNixon

MojoNixon Member

I found a longsleeve shirt at Costco called 32 Heat. Kind of thin t-shirt like material. Not really hot, good for winter layering but I wear them at work even with temps into the 80's without overheating. About $10/$12 at Costco or $25 on Amazon. I like them enough that I bought 4. 2 black, 2 grey.

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy Regular Member

Check REI.com. Lot of options. Ex Officio, Royal Robbins and others make stuff for this, though a bunch will be button ups.

6. Tropleo

Tropleo Amateur

as longeye suggested, the velocity boss rugby will be your jam for that piece of toast (pun intended)

7. evanrocks

evanrocks Newbie Network Supporter

8. Matt0311

Matt0311 Amateur

Good thread and a good idea to wear long sleeves in the sun. My dad died of melanoma and it wasn't an easy death. I'm wrapped up like the invisible man these days.

9. krax

krax Amateur

I recently started wearing sun sleeves with short-sleeved shirts. I've only tried two so far, but I can highly recommend the OR Activeice sleeves. The bonus of the sleeves vs a long-sleeved shirt is that I still get some ventilation through the arm holes of my shirts and I can pull the sleeves off when the sun starts going down.

10. Wake27

Wake27 Newbie

Boss Rugby is awesome. I asked and they said that they're waiting to see how the short sleeved crew neck is received before deciding to produce a long sleeved crew neck so if you're a fan, let them know.

11. PatMcG

PatMcG Amateur

I got myself a boss rugby and it's fucking perfection.