Light Mounting on Beretta 1301 Questions

bgarman47

Amateur
Is there any good way to mount a light to a Beretta 1301 without what may be considered "permanent modifications"?

I have a standard tactical model pre magazine tube extension. So just a cap on the mag tube.

I know Steiner used to offer the Mk.7 light that replaced the mag tube cap, but the output was limited and it appears to be discontinued. Likewise the trusty older Streamlight clamp-on magazine tube mount might not work will on the barrel due to it's polymer construction.

For reference, this is a simple home/property defense weapon, will not be seeing any use harder use than class environments occasionally and range practice. I figure this discussion may per pertinent for LEOs if an agency adopts 1301s through a bureaucratic miracle.

I really enjoy how light the shotgun is, and how simple disassembly/maintenance is in it's standard configuration. I'm just trying to find a less expensive or complicated solution then something like the Aridus forend or adding an extension with a clamp.

shoobe01

Established
I've used the GG&G mag cap mounts (on other guns) to great effect for many years:

And, one with a sling loop above the light if you like that:L

Otherwise I mostly see people replace the forearm, and mount using those slots thusly (not mine):
20180607_102650.jpg

Forearm for 1301:
And because dumb catalog that doesn't let you pick options on the product page, a wholly other product page for black:

Erick Gelhaus

Staff member
Currently, my 1301 has the light mounted on the Pic rail section of a NordicComp mag tube clamp. With the A300s, I will return to mounting the light on the forearm.

PM07

Staff member
Is there any good way to mount a light to a Beretta 1301 without what may be considered "permanent modifications"?

I have a standard tactical model pre magazine tube extension. So just a cap on the mag tube.

I know Steiner used to offer the Mk.7 light that replaced the mag tube cap, but the output was limited and it appears to be discontinued. Likewise the trusty older Streamlight clamp-on magazine tube mount might not work will on the barrel due to it's polymer construction.

For reference, this is a simple home/property defense weapon, will not be seeing any use harder use than class environments occasionally and range practice. I figure this discussion may per pertinent for LEOs if an agency adopts 1301s through a bureaucratic miracle.

I really enjoy how light the shotgun is, and how simple disassembly/maintenance is in it's standard configuration. I'm just trying to find a less expensive or complicated solution then something like the Aridus forend or adding an extension with a clamp.

Streamlight 69906 TL-Racker Tactical Flashlight for Rem870
This has been a good solid option for some if you dont want permament modifications.​

bgarman47

Amateur
thanks all for your replies. Sorry ive been radio silent for a bit. Sometimes life comes at you fast!

I dont have an extension on the 1301 currently, just the sling mount endcap. I am not really looking to add an extension at this time, but I undersand the appeal.

From the looks of it, the GG&G adapter was the best option, so I went ahead and ordered one up.

Erick Gelhaus

Staff member

Streamlight 69906 TL-Racker Tactical Flashlight for Rem870​

This has been a good solid option for some if you dont want permament modifications.​

Given your recommendation, how does a light designed for an 870 work on a Beretta 1301?

While the design intrigued me, the execution has been less than stellar. Seeing it used by students - low output, inadvertent activation. With the Haught/Symtac PushPull method, shooters are not able to keep their hsnd on the forearm.

Hush

870 forend replacement on a 1301? I think somebody's confused... By far the easiest way to add a decent light, is to pick up the factory barrel clamp, sling mount that has M lock attachments. You can then plug and Play with any of the scout style attachments, and m-lock mounts currently available. I have an arisaka inline mount paired with a streamlight hlx. You can run it with the tail cap, or you can fix a pressure pad with velcro and cling wrap for a non-permanent but extremely secure mounting option.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
I have a Modlite mounted to a Zhukov forend (regularly checking the witness marks).

Another good option is 1913 mounted with something like the Nordic mag tube clamp.