LED replacement head/reflectors Surefire 6P/G2

Boy Scout

Alright you lumen-heads, talk to me about LED replacement heads and/or reflectors for Surefire 6P/G2 lights. I have an older 6P on a rifle that definitely needs an upgrade, and a couple G2 lights as well.

Do do I need the whole head? A metal head on the G2s? Besides Malkoff, who makes good stuff? Clipping contact springs?

Im a flashlight nerd but once it starts getting into the electronics, I start going cross eyed.

Thanks!

MojoNixon

Established
Alright you lumen-heads, talk to me about LED replacement heads and/or reflectors for Surefire 6P/G2 lights. I have an older 6P on a rifle that definitely needs an upgrade, and a couple G2 lights as well.

Do do I need the whole head? A metal head on the G2s? Besides Malkoff, who makes good stuff? Clipping contact springs?

Im a flashlight nerd but once it starts getting into the electronics, I start going cross eyed.

Thanks!

I've used Luma-Force 570 lumen drop in modules in a pair of old G2's for 6 or 7 years now with no issues, one as a handheld and one mounted on a 5.56 gun for @ 7500 rounds. They had a fairly strong presence in Reno gun shows for some time back then because they were planning on a move from San Diego to Northern Nevada. I'm not sure if that move ever came about.

MojoNixon

Established
A quick search shows that they indeed did move here. About 7 miles from my house, but that same search shows that they apparently only make drop in modules for their own branded lights now.

Boy Scout

Ah, thanks Mojo. I think I’ve seen Luma-Force listed in some eBay listings as being some sort of match for SF reflector assemblies.

Chances are that most pieces are made overseas and “assembled” here stateside.