LE Duty Gloves

Rabbit

For the last year I've been using 5.11 taclite gloves. I work in Texas, and it's usually hot. The spandex back keeps my hands from sweating. It's got a thin synthetic leather palm and fingers that give you tons of feel, and they fit with a very slight stretch, so they conform well to the fingers without being too tight. The grip for shooting if you have to is excellent. They aren't needle resistant, but they've held up against auto glass, protecting me from cuts. The Velcro closure has also held up much better than the mechanix I used to wear. Very good glove for patrol use with enough feel to shoot and do good searches while protecting your hands.

JUDAN

Hexarmor

14023_Needle_Chart.jpg

For those running the Magpul patrol gloves, any thoughts on cleaning/maintenance? I've just been wiping them down with Clorox wipes after every shift but am worried about potentially drying out the leather, and would like to be able to wash the nylon after a long day of pat/clothing searches on inmates.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
For those running the Magpul patrol gloves, any thoughts on cleaning/maintenance? I've just been wiping them down with Clorox wipes after every shift but am worried about potentially drying out the leather, and would like to be able to wash the nylon after a long day of pat/clothing searches on inmates.

No idea. I'm working in a very wet climate and I just wipe them down when I use them to touch something/one nasty with whatever wipes we have in our cars. So far the leather seems to be holding up fine.

Tropleo

skd pig gloves are the best i've used yet, never used the velocity. I am satisfied and just throw on nitrile gloves when dealing with the "populace" or anything else potentially icky