LE duty belt.

RedLeg

First off, not LE, private security. Just wanted to clarify. Secondly, apparantly I'm fat with a 42" waist. Everywhere I've checked offers that size belts, but it's all custom, made to order. I've got a job coming up that I need gear quickly. Do you guys know of any places that offers that size, have them in stock, and is good to go? Money isn't really a problem. ($400)

Thanks.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I think you’d be just fine with an Uncle Mike’s or Bianchi style belt unless you’re rolling with a very heavy belt load. Worst case they’re $40ish bucks and will hold you until you get a custom belt in.

Unicorn

I've used both Bianchi and Blackhawk and like them both. Slightly padded, thicker 2 inch belt. Available in multiple sizes, you'll probably want a large.

I can fully recommend the area gear LE duty belt.

I’ve had mine going on a year now. Handles the weight much better than any 5.11 or bianchi. It was kind of a pain in the ass to setup, but otherwise the best one I’ve used on duty now.

Grayman

Established
Might get lucky with Mean Gene sometimes he has stuff ready to go. His belts are the bees knees

Up1911fan

I use the Volund Gearworks Duty Belt for work. Have the HSGI slim pad on the inside, snug fit with keepers, but they fit.

Etho

42" isn't that big by modern standards and there is absolute no reason why you can't find a belt in that size. Not sure where you're looking or what you're looking for. I've always preferred leather for the traditional style gun belts. My one and only experience with nylon was less than stellar and I switched back to leather in a matter of days. Galls, LA Police Gear, Chiefs, Streichers and so on should have a nice selection of traditional style gun/duty belts. $400 will more than get you a belt set up, even in leather.