Larue tranquillo....

Grayman

Established
I'll be interested in the claims regarding decreased back pressure. If its anything like what OSS accomplished they could be on to something....

JRLym

I'll be interested in the claims regarding decreased back pressure. If its anything like what OSS accomplished they could be on to something....
backpressure directly correlates with sound reduction. if you want less backpressure, build a louder can, you want a quiet can, deal with back pressure. OSS hasn't proven to be above the physics of this rule.

Grayman

Established
I will say from first hand experience that the OSS design works. The sound reduction was on par with several of the other suppressors we had out there including surefire. The backpressure was significantly lower than the other cans out there.

I'm not an engineer but I know a few and yes you can achieve lower backpressure and still retain good sound signature reduction. This is more difficult with a traditional stacked baffle design suppressor but not impossible. The OSS design is a completely different animal.

Basically the goal is simply to slow the escaping gasses down... There are many ways to accomplish this.

JRLym

as far as sound testing goes the surefire is also a loud design. so that goes along with what I was saying, loud cans have less back pressure. I've handled the OSS design in a detailed manner with proper test equipment, its very gimmicky and I don't think its worth the $$$ they charge for it.

Grayman

Established
I cannot speak to any scientific testing but to the ole calibrated ear the OSS wasn't a noticeably obnoxious design. I will say it seemed very expensive compared to other offerings. But very new/different tech generally is.

I'd love to see how Larue is achieving reduced back pressure with a traditional design without sacrificing sound attenuation

JRLym

The larue will remain a mystery until we start seeing them in the field then I would def take a look at testing one. the next few years I think you'll see every gun and accessory manufacture start up their own line of suppressors and we push though the myths and mystery behind suppressor ownership.