Kkm vs agency 417

Title pretty much says it. Does anyone have experience with both the kkm and agency arms compensators? Any problems with holster function, such as ALS catching? Length on a g19 with X300U or TLR1?

Abuchanan

Amateur
I too am curious about holster fitment with the 417 comp on a 19? will it fit a safariland 6354do or a safariland rds holster. someone will be along soon, if not, i'll message Jon dufresne and get back to you, OP.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Ive seen Jon run his Agency 19 w/ comp in a Safariland holster. Shouldn't be an issue at all in a G34 length holster. The only issues with the ALS ive seen are with Gen 5 guns with comps on them.

Ive seen Jon run his Agency 19 w/ comp in a Safariland holster. Shouldn't be an issue at all in a G34 length holster. The only issues with the ALS ive seen are with Gen 5 guns with comps on them.
I have a gen 5 19x that I’m putting a comp on. Hence posting the question. Is there a work around for gen5s?

user12358

Is there a work around for gen5s?

As far as I know, this is an issue with the ALS mechanism getting caught is because of the new bevels at the front of the slide. If I was engineering a comp for a Gen 5 it would be fairly simple to have two wings coming back off the comp to fill those gaps but I am unaware if anyone has done this on a commercial scale yet.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
The issue isn't with all ALS holsters. I'm not familiar enough to know which ones work and which ones don't. A comp that better mates to the tapered front of the slide would likely eliminate this issue, but I do not know if one is available.

tcba_joe

As far as I know, this is an issue with the ALS mechanism getting caught is because of the new bevels at the front of the slide. If I was engineering a comp for a Gen 5 it would be fairly simple to have two wings coming back off the comp to fill those gaps but I am unaware if anyone has done this on a commercial scale yet.

The issue isn't with all ALS holsters. I'm not familiar enough to know which ones work and which ones don't. A comp that better mates to the tapered front of the slide would likely eliminate this issue, but I do not know if one is available.
Check out Parker Mountain Machine comp. They have a Gen 5/X specific comp.
Currently in Pre-order

Yondering

I've considered making my own comps that would fill those bevels, but that would result in some sharp angles that could pinch a hand pretty easily. Even without knife-sharp edges I think it'd only be a matter of time till it drew blood.

RallyMech

Amateur
The other solution is to remove the sharp edge on the rear corners of the compensator, similar to the M&P comps. With enough fillet, blend, or chamber on those corners it should be impossible to hang up.

tact

I have a gen 5 19x that I’m putting a comp on. Hence posting the question. Is there a work around for gen5s?

Parker Mountain Machine makes a comp specific to the 19x that seems to flush up against those front bevels. Mine should arrive later next week.