KelTec ks7

Redrushin

Hey all,

I understand that the KSG is maligned for having a challenging manual of arms and suspect quality control.
Does anyone have any time behind the single tubes ks7? My thoughts are that the single type would streamline the manual of arms and keep weight down. I have no use for dual ammunition types or a Pump shotgun with a 15 round capacity.

I can see the utility in a light short shotgun without going SBS or braced ‘firearm.’

I’d be replacing the top carry handle with a pic rail immediately.
Thanks for your time and assistance.

Kain

OP what are your goals or missions reqs for the KS7? Would allow myself or others to possibly provide insight. Your mention of their QC issues, is something that I would personally look at and void them from any possible use beyond a range toy, however, the known issues with the KSG being difficult enough to pump that there are several people out there with the new nickname of 3 finger and stubby, would also dissuade me in general from fucking with their shit for anything where I might try to run the gun aggressively, or at all for that matter.

And it not like that I hate Keltec, they have some really innovative designs. It just that, well, their execution sucks.

Redrushin

Sorry Kain, fair question.
This would primarily be a supplemental ‘home defense’ shotgun to back up an AR. It would live most of its life staged with a WML and loaded with buckshot.
I can see it occasionally being brought out of the house loaded with slugs as an animal defense tool (cattle, black bear, panther and dogs) in addition to an anti personnel camp tool.
It’s small size would lend it to potentially being used as a ‘road trip’ gun as well.
basically, it would fill all the niches that I feel like an AR or a Glock might struggle with.
I’ve been an 870 guy for decades so I would need to put some significant time behind it but after that I see relatively limited sustainment training.