Keep Killing Comtacs

Maynard

Amateur
My Comtacs are dead again, third time now in about a year.

I clean the interiors after use but tend to sweat a lot during longer classes and I think I'm soaking the circuitry.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Wake27

I honestly can’t remember but I’m pretty sure I had the same issue. Reached out to them and I think they sent me a label and fixed them without an extreme amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arioch

Amateur
I've been running the Howard Leight Impact Sport headphones for about 1.5 years. I live in Florida and shoot matches at least once per month, so far no failures (I figure I sweat a normal amount for an adult male living in the swamp). I should note I only use them for noise amplification/hearing protection, I don't have any experience using them for communications.

dcsp3x

I had an issue were my comtacs continuously ate batteries, even while off, a new set would last a few days. I reached out and the first person told me the only way to service them was through the retailer I bought them from, which was impossible through the distributor I got them from then I finally got a guy over there that set me up with a return.

They made me pay for the repairs, which was not cheap and after a lengthy phone conversation in which I learned more than enough about peltor/3M, I ate the repair, got them back and sold them. I got a set of AMPs and are very pleased with them.