Just picked up a BCM EAG Carbine... should I keep it?

Daxsm

I just picked up a BCM EAG Carbine from a friend of mine for a really low price that I couldn’t pass up. I thought I’d like the 9 inch rail and FSB more than I do. I’m thinking about cutting the fsb down and throwing a longer rail on the it.

Would y’all bother doing this or would you just sell the rifle and buy something else? I didn’t know if the EAGs are worth anything kept stock since Pat Rogers passed away.

Also, what rails do y’all recommend? I’m considering a DD ria ii 12.25 inch, a DD lite, or a Geissele mk14.

Attachments

• CF95252E-992A-4959-A86A-AD3297FF1A44.jpeg
    CF95252E-992A-4959-A86A-AD3297FF1A44.jpeg
    689.5 KB · Views: 175
My first rifle was a EAG and still have it. It’s a solid rifle. Ended up shaving the FSB down and putting a Geissele Mk8 rail on it for use with a laser. It’s now rocking a Razor and one of my two work rifles. They are good rifles and mine has ran flawlessly with sims as well.

pilgrim

I bought a “Filthy 14“ style BCM upper, which is essentially the same thing, about 8 years ago...maybe? Mated it to a blem BCM lower.

Immediately regretted it, and thought about cutting off the FSB. But I never did, I just put an Aimpoint pro on it and kept it for a trainer/class rifle.

I’m glad I kept it the way it was, the thing is an absolute tank. The only upper I have that loves M855.

3 of my sons have trained on it before shipping off to Basic.

The upper I started out hating, I would have a hard time parting with now.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
This is definitely a gun that if you don't want it as is, you'll find no end of people here who'd pay fair market for it and help you fund something that suits your desires better.