Issues with Type 1 RMR

I've got a Type 1 Trijicon RM06 on a Glock 19 MOS mounted via a CHPWS RECCE plate.

I've been having issues recently that is occurring more often lately.

I'll be shooting or dry firing and the dot will suddenly disappear after a trigger press. I've been able to reliability bring it back by adjusting the brightness, but it's getting annoying. I've had dot issues using the OEM plates from Glock, but fixable by removing and reinstalling the RMR. Adjusting brightness would not bring back the dot when I had dot-loss using the MOS plate.

I've replaced the battery, checked the screws and I've bent out the battery contact tab. Dot will still disappear after each individual fix. Is this an issue I need to contact Trijicon about, or is it possibly the CHPWS plate?

Thanks all!
J

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
You can also try a fold of electrical tape between the battery and the plate. That’s done a lot for the type 1s. But Joe is right. You can send it back to Trijicon and you’ll likely get a type two back.

Grayman

Established
Battlewerx makes a sealing plate with a hump in it that pushes up on the battery. This is mandatory for any of my people with a type one RMR. You can also CAREFULLY!!! Slightly bend the battery contacts out to better connect with the battery under recoil.

You can also try a fold of electrical tape between the battery and the plate. That’s done a lot for the type 1s. But Joe is right. You can send it back to Trijicon and you’ll likely get a type two back.

I did have a post it note folded under the battery but when I checked it a few days ago, it wasn't there. I'll put in some tape andd see if the issue fixes itself.

Battlewerx makes a sealing plate with a hump in it that pushes up on the battery. This is mandatory for any of my people with a type one RMR. You can also CAREFULLY!!! Slightly bend the battery contacts out to better connect with the battery under recoil.

I've done that, didn't work.