Introductions Part 3

BryantRC

Bryant from Alabama. 41 years old. No LE or military experience. I've been a firearms enthusiast my whole life. I've been working at a gun store for the past 4 years. I've been following P&S on FB and youtube at least 5 years (probably more, not sure.) It's been a stellar resource. Glad to be here.

Stagg

Hello from Kansas.
Just another Army man here. Started as a combat engineer, then got smart and switched to aviation.

Still enjoy guns and long walks through bug infested woods with NVGs.

Also collect military vehicles and old mil radios. It started as a hobby but might be an addiction now.

I follow P&S podcasts and figure it's time to start reading it as well.
Glad to be here.

Good evening. AD Marine here, aspiring 1911 enthusiast, and firearms filthy casual. Currently in Yuma, AZ at the moment, hoping to be home in the PNW once I retire in a couple years.

Hey everyone. Always listened to the P&S Podcast and just now realized there was a forum. I live in SE Texas. Work in the OG&C field and also serve in the TX ARNG. Enlisted in the Army many years ago right out of high school and served as an 11B with 2nd ID and 82nd ABN Div. Reclassed to 11C when I went in the guard. Pretty much an overall gun enthusiast.

GNADE

Howdy all.
Longtime member of the industry in a tiny little way. No MIL/LE, carried a gun every day for a little under two decades, been in the knife and gear industry since 03, Worked at SOE for a little while, worked at SD's "The Edge" for a while, swung swords and dressed up like a pirate professionally for a while, hung out my own shingle in '11 doing really niche nylon gear and patches. Got a little bit famous for all the wrong reasons in my area and now I'm just spending a transitionary period reading mostly. Spent time on USN 03-07 (DEXIX_Five-Oh), spend time in LF 04-Current (andy.leach) Learned with ITTS (Scotty Reitz), Straight Shooter (Charlie Varga), and studied Nami Ryu (James Williams)

Hello all.
Older zoomer & son of a secret service agent I've been around firearms all of my life. I've spent the last six years working as a range safety officer for the Missouri department of conservation. I'm very interested in firearms but still have lots to learn regarding assembly and the various components available on the market. I look forward to learned what I can from ya'll.

paraframe

Hello, my name is Andrew, former EMT, current nurse. Have shot a lot of idpa (I know, I Don't Practice Actually) and a bit of uspsa. I like older stuff, yes I occasionally carry a 1911 unironically but I am clawing my way in to the 1990s, give me time, I may get to MRDs by 2040.

I have done a fair bit of shooting under nods, though my night kit is stuck in about 2010, ANVIS with a gound mount on an ACH and a CQBL/M600V combo on my rifle.

I am mostly interested in tweaking my EDC as I have evolved away from talisman guns (micro pistols in ineffective cartridges carried in pocket holsters) and have finally started carrying my med stuff on me as opposed to a bag.

Posted in Intro 1 but it seems like this is the more utd thread. I’m Justin Child, I’m a Christian, recently left the oilfield back in small town America in Nebraska. Been a hunter since I was a kid but I’m new to CCW, family and home defense. Been listening to the P&S podcast for a few weeks now and it’s awesome to have this knowledge readily available from experienced people like many on here. Thanks for putting this out on these platforms! Very beneficial for a single dad of two little boys with limited time to go to classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all, I'm Matthew Tellheart. I have been living back in Illinois for the past five years helping take care of my dad. Grew up shooting and camping with the Scouts. A little local competition shooting in the past. I've made a lot of poor choices and decisions with gear and life in general. All of which have led me to the place I am now.
Currently an apprentice smith with the American Bladesmith Society. I've been listening to P&S modcasts for a while now but am new to the forum. Been carrying concealed for about ten years now, with a little training and real-world experience, but up until very recently had been wasting away in regards to training and skill upkeep.
Looking forward to interacting with y'all and hopefully paying it forward in the lanes I do have experience in. Thanks for your time. Have a blessed day.

Redcat

Hello, all. Made my account a few years ago and then kind of forgot about it. I have been a patrol officer for a smaller city in WA state for about five years. I have been a pistol instructor for about two, patrol rifle instructor for one, and last year I was put entirely in charge of our firearms training program with one other new instructor who is even less experienced. I am also in charge of taser training, and have been the de facto trainer for medical scenarios, building searches, etc in the last year. We are about 20 sworn.

I have also been an operator on our regional Tactical Response Team since 2020, and was put in the sniper role recently.

Mostly I am here looking for ways to improve the firearms training program for my dept. It is a game of trying to do more with less. I have only been granted two in service range half days this year... we did pistol & rifle quals in January and we will be doing less lethal shotgun quals and a night range in April.

Our training has been very check the box for years. I have been introducing short dry fire sessions and completely updated our patrol rifle in service training last year by yanking out the old powerpoint and replacing it with mostly hands on essential skills dry fire practice followed by two hours at the range for zero confirmation, the annual qual, vehicle bailout drills and then a simple drill involving emergency reloads from the active shooter bag each officer was issued a few years ago. Most had never bothered to practice reloads from the bag before that point.

So I will be looking for tips from other trainers on how to make training fun, fit and functional for patrol officers who mostly do not bother to train on their own. Apparently the notion that they might actually be in a gunfight someday is an insufficient motivator for most officers, as everyone who has taught line level LE knows. Still, it is hard to complain, as I was granted my position as instructor because I was actually interested and willing, despite being low in seniority.

JackNeat

Hello. Got turned onto the PS modcast via the Open Source Defense discord when Chuck was in program. I found the long format really informational and I started digging into more episodes. Top level stuff and since I only just got into the gun game I have half a lifetime of catch up. No LE/Mil experience. Finish carpenter/cabinetmaker by trade. Live behind enemy lines in New Yorkistan… for now.

Dave0317

Current LE and have been for more than 10 years now. Patrol with part time SWAT duties. In a supervisor role now. Prior USMC reserves where I was in an infantry Company for about 3 years and then spent 4 years in a Sniper PLT. Now I’m in the National Guard, mechanized infantry. ‍♂️

Been on 3 deployments, been to some schools on the LE and Mil side. Got just enough experience to maybe consider diving deeper into the training side of stuff which has brought me here. Love the podcast, hope to learn a bit and maybe contribute when I can here.

Long time LF.net guy (Rob K), finally migrated here, some familiar faces.. had been following the P&S FB posts for a while, but killed my FB account 3-4 years ago and lost touch with this community.

Currently serving .mil TSOC Staff nerd.

KevQc

Hey guys, name is Kevin, french canadian. No LE/Mil experience. Been a gun enthusiast since I could walk. Did alot of Milsim back in the day. Looking to grow my knowledge and maybe connect with some follow Canadians to get training going. Range safety officer, mostly into pistol and and SBR's. I am crafty with firearms, into basic gunsmithing, was an airsoft gunsmith for a couple of years, but in no way a professional. Found you guys while looking for some info for my Roland Special built. Glad to be here!

TBennetti

Hi all. Im From Western PA. I used to buy guns that I just thought were cool. Now I I’m in the process of converting my collection into a more utilitarian collection with specific roles being filled by firearms outfitted accordingly.

I also thoroughly enjoy golf, knives, and drawing. I am planning on some big life changes in the coming new year, to include a healthier diet, exercise, and becoming more focused on self sustainability with my family and a few community members I am close with.

Hey everybody!
Im a longtime shooter, love taking classes and absorbing as much information as I can.
I wholeheartedly support P&S in their mission to kill the derp.
Currently an active duty E-6 in the Air Force.
Im a metrologist by trade, and have tons of info on taking measurements, calibrating bore gauges, inspection tools, torque wrenches etc.

Still located in CA.... For now.