Introductions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3kshun8

Hey all, Patrick here - Civ, Technical consultant. Been into firearms as long as I can recall, most of friends and family are LEO or Military. This past year started to get serious about training and learning.

Excited to learn new things and absorb knowledge here.

Kynikos

I'm Andy from Utah I enjoy target shooting, hunting, and all things having to do with animals, nature, wildlife, and the great outdoors in all the amazing areas in my awesome home state and beyond.

I spent a couple years in the arms industry on the product management and marketing side of manufacturing and distribution where learned a lot listening to prior and current LE and military guys about what they expect and hope for out of their tools and then trying to make those expectations and hopes into reality. I really enjoyed that work and I miss being around it. I switched gears on my vocational career when I started a business offering my services to the public as a professional dog obedience trainer and instructor so I am not as close to that industry as I once was but I still try to pay attention to what's going on there.

A couple weeks ago I bought some gear from a local guy DJ who turned me on to the site and community. I am hoping to learn from folks here to improve my practice habits and skills as well as keep my ear to the ground on local training offerings and stay current on the state of the arms industry. I miss being around that stuff every day so I am trying to be more deliberate about practicing and competing that way I don't end up sloppy or behind the times.

Atticus. Former engineering student, big box store gun counter employee, one-time bottom tier 3 gun shooter, and a guy who’s had his door kicked in while he was home. Engineering wasn’t the career path for me, but I like using the things it taught me to analyze the real world medical emergencies and defensive shootings that I learn about to improve my skills and inform my decisions.

BenNL

Ben, active RNLMC for close to 19yrs.
Spread between infantry and instructor jobs.
Yes I'm from the Netherlands, no I'm not Dutch (derived from deutsch, which means German).
I've been reading the forums and watching modcasts for quite some time now, so this is long overdue.
Here to confirm / correct what I (think to) know. Gain new insights and maybe contribute some knowledge from this side of the pond.

BanzaiBeast

Greg, Civilian gun owner looking for more training. All the craziness going on now, I should know more and be better prepared. I enjoy the mechanical part of firearms as much as shooting. Central Florida now from Illinois, Missouri, and Idaho.
Lots of respect for Law Enforcement and Military!

REDACTED

Staff member
Long time listener, first time caller. Long and storied background in out of hospital medicine, rescue, periods of fire suppression, professional gun toter, and a few other jobs. Spent some time working in the gun industry from sales to purchasing and promotion to product design/development, etc with hard and soft goods. Perpetual student with many of the nationally known names, avid reader of fiction and non-fiction in an effort to expand knowledge, creativity, and mindset. Trying to improve my position every day.

My family has had guns since before I was born. They actually were mounted on the walls to be looked at and admired by anyone. Now I still have but don't use the old 2 and 3 gun wood racks and the metal single gun display hooks. Just can't get rid of cause they belonged to Dad. Any way my current interest is the AR-15. I always want the finer details and straight advise. Hope I can be a good guy.

Robert, in the black hole of southeast illinois. Ex auto tech, IT tech, small business manager. Going deaf, entered gunsmithing 2016, started my own biz. Hold 01 and 07 FFL, working on AAS/GUNSMITHING degree at wabash valley college. No LEO, No Military exp.

NS Tony

Howdy. Lots of familiar people here from the book face and other places over the years. I've never really been on the forum but looking to get away from Facebook and youtube into something more likely to be around for a while.

Anyway, enough about that. I'm Tony, I have some previous military experience, and I travel occasionally looking for good food to eat.

Hey all,

I’ve been shooting all my life, worked firearms retail off and on for the last 15 years including 5 as a gunsmith, I also previously worked for a manufacturer based in southern Utah as an armorer/ atf compliance/ cerakote, and currently working for a AS9001D certified aerospace mfg in cache valley as well as a lgs part time.

Zak, kind of the young guy in the crowd that's eager to learn.
4 years as a private security K9 handler, now working for a 200 man city PD.
Shooting, cooking, and catching working dogs are my deal.

Hueyville

Hello from N.E. Georgia. Enjoy all expensive hobbies that can get you hurt or maimed if mess them up. Too much to put in an introduction but as time goes by you will either like me or hate me, seldom are people ambivalent. Hope to learn and possibly share some knowledge as get to know folks around here.

Gonzodemon

Damien, Hk usp pistol armorer, Hk nerd, out of practice martial artist,longtime bartender transitioning to armorer work and gunsmithing education. Starved for good training here in seattle so finding this group has been invaluable. Thanks Matt and all of the contribution from the other mods. Here to learn and share any knowledge i have that is applicable.....even if its just good cocktail and booze onfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.