Introductions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WadeB

Hello, I’m Wade from Kansas.
I have been listening to P&S for about a year now and finally decided that I should join the forum. I am currently a Fire Captain and have been a firefighter for coming up on 20 years.
I am a shooter, mostly handguns and specifically 1911’s, and recently started BJJ.

rick62

Hello- Rick from NY. A little over 10 years in LE. Currently first line supervision in patrol/member of a part time tac team. The modcasts led me to the forum; I don't do discord (yet) or FB. I'm always looking to get better, and enjoy being around those who can push me towards improvement. I figure if I'm the smartest guy in the room, that's a sad state of affairs and no place to be.

RazorHawk

Howdy All,

I'm another one of those regular Civilians who values Personal and Civic Responsibility. No Military or LE experience. I grew up around guns and hunting. I was shooting .22LR from before I could properly shoulder a kids rifle.

I found the P&S podcast about a year ago and have been going though the back-log to find and plug my knowledge gaps.

Now in my early 30's, I'm a bit late to the CCW lifestyle. Only recently (2017) have I started taking practical firearm skills seriously. I now shoot local USPSA matches as well as participate in a small civilian-focused CCW training group. I carry and compete AIWB and routinely get chastised in my USPSA club for being "that guy who's gonna shoot his balls off."

My current struggles are buying enough ammo and convincing my SO to let me spend all the monies on training.

The struggle is real.

Razor

What's going on everyone?

My name is Jake and I work at Rosco Manufacturing. I have no MIL/LEO formalities. Around five years ago I started getting into firearms which lead to a drastic career change (prior Toyota technician). I have been at Rosco for a little over a year now. I started in the shipping department and am now the sales technician. Recently have been in positions for decision making on product and new components so I plan to gain as much knowledge as possible so we can put out barrels and other goodies that are spec'd correctly. I am a young man with a lot to learn and look forward to being a part of the community.

Thanks,
Jake

YNH001

My name is Adam. I first heard about P&S in a conversation with Chris Hill in 2015, and eventually began listening to Modcasts and following the YouTube channel. I became Network Support and have been active on the Discord server for over a year now, basically since its inception, and I am just now going back to roots and joining the forum.

I am currently working as a Security Guard for a small local company. I have enjoyed shooting for about thirteen years and have been concealed carrying for a little over six years. I have no military background. I took a bleeder course from Defense Development Group in May of 2018, and I am a new Sage Dynamics alumnus, having taken Defensive Handgun: Red Dot Focus in December of 2018. My primary interests include handguns, every day carry gear, and modern gear, including SOF issued military gear.

I look forward to being part of this side of the community. Thank you for having me.

Sam, originally from the commie state of CA. I currently work in armed security and executive protection. I've held a ccw since 2016 and have done a few classes with local non-fudd instructors. I ship out to OCS in June to hopefully become a reserve officer in the USMC and then pursue a career in LE. I'm here to learn more than contribute in order to broaden my skill set.

Pat320

Hey all,

I'm Pat, former Canadian Army reservist and current barrel manufacturing technician. I've been working in the Canadian firearms industry since 2010 as an RSO, instructor and retail side. I currently work at a precision rifle barrel manufacturing shop and still RSO part time.

I'm an AR and pistol enthusiast, into competitions when time allows. B class production IPSC shooter but haven't had the time or funds to shoot a qualifier in a while.

I'm a big fan of the podcast, and I'm here to learn and talk guns and such.

JPJCarter

Joe, from Houston, TX area. LE since 2006, member of part time Regional SWAT team since 2012 and in a leadership role on the team for the last 4 years. Have taken a lot of classes from Fisher, Blowers, Cowan, Jedlinski and others. Have learned a lot from podcasts and P&S Discussions and looking to learn more and contribute where applicable.

0uTkAsT

Amateur
I'm Josh from Arizona, another long-time lurker and run of the mill desk jokey with a dad bod. I'd been shooting, hunting, off-roading, camping, backpacking and such for longer than I can remember, and based on that experience I thought I "knew things" until about 9 years ago when a series of life-threatening events took me by surprise in a short matter of time and I was caught ill-prepared. It frightened me enough to straighten me out, and since then I've transitioned away from being a hobbyist / weekend warrior and started taking equipment, training, mindset, self-reliance and the realities of my lifestyle very seriously. That led me here, and although I have no .mil or LE background so I don't fit the "professional" criteria, I still feel like this is where I belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.