Introductions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtn0351

Vince

I’ve worked 5 years as a police officer in Southern California spending all that time on patrol. Prior to that I spent 4 years enlisted in the Marine Corps as an infantry assaultman and didn’t do anything noteworthy.

I’ve lurked around reading P&S for a few years and got a lot of great info from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gene

Gene,
I've been a Contractor Puke, supporting the Army for the last 30 years, I've lurked here for awhile and I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge and experience on the site. I look forward to the continued learning.

Bedouin2W

Drew-
Army National Guard for 18+ years
- 4x GWOT deployments (2x OIF, 1x OEF, 1x Other)
Been a Contractor on the Civilian side for Army and now DOD since 2007.
- Training and Weapon System Analysis

Joined because I like the P&S ModCasts and really looking for a place for serious discussion.

Nick29

I've been into guns and shooting since I was a kid. Not MIL or LEO. Life got in the way of shooting for the last few years and I'm getting back into it and get some training. I found the modcast on youtube while watching Ernest Langdon's videos on DA/SA guns and have been listening to old modcasts and reading the sites/groups for the last few weeks. I'm a dentist, which is boring, so unless somebody is asking about a tooth ache, I'm mainly here to learn

Hi, coming up on 10 years with the USMC Reserves as an MP (no one likes me-reservist MPs are the worst of both worlds), former retail slave at a big box gun counter, currently doing Hospital Security at one of the Level 1 trauma centers in my area. I also like to cook, and can even read books for fun, as long as someone is around to help me with the big words.

I’m Bill and I like shooting gunz and training to become a better defender. I learned how to shoot rifle at an Appleseed (my first rifle was a SOCOM 16). During the week, I’m a security professional.

Brap&Bang

Amateur
Will

Former army infantryman, deployed with my battalion's scout/sniper platoon in Iraq 03-04. Now I work as a forester and I shoot a lot at my personal range. I just started taking classes last year. Because of the modcasts, I will begin competing locally this year with my carry gear. I joined to ask questions and soak up some knowledge.

JohnHB

New guy. Lifelong shooter. Past ten years been training extensively and for past five or six years, at least twice-monthly with the great cadre associated with Asymmetric Solutions.

If it goes "bang" I enjoy shooting it. Here to learn from professionals who have been there/done that.

Hello P&S Folks,
I just stumbled upon the p&s modcast and have been enjoying listening to this past years episodes.
I am not high speed or of high knowing. I am just a guy who likes firearms and shooting them in competition, for fun, and carries just in case the bad day fairy visits me. In the last few years I have started a new job. Staying at home to raise the kids while my wife continues her LE career. I used to work in remote industrial construction in smaller Alaskan villages and towns.
Most of my shooting these days is at local idpa, uspsa, 2 gun, 3 gun, steel challenge, and the bulk of my shooting is our local range’s shooting league.
I like most all firearms. From black powder to suppressed SBR’s I can enjoy all of them. Revolvers have a special place in my heart but rarely make it into my edc. I actively try not to be a gun snob. We all have the fancy expensive guns but I find that my middle of the road guns get most of my attention. My next time shooting our local 10 week shooting league I plan on competing with a High Point .45 in the single stack division to try to prove the point that pricy gear is not the only thing someone needs. I can’t wait to attend the potluck dinner following the league and see if and who gets beat (i.e. Kimber, Wilson combat, Nighthawk. STI?) by a sub $350.00 complete setup (gun, holster, mags, mag carrier, and dump pouch).
I also like to reload but am still in my infancy in the reloading department.

I’m Lee. 21+ years with the Canadian federal Le agency. Grew up around guns, hunting and trapping with my Dad and brother.
I’ve worked different duties from patrol, plainclothes, drug enforcement, riot control, to specialized tactics instructor and covert tactical operations. And I’ve been a firearms and use of force instructor with the organization for most of my service.

Been a member of the Facebook page for a while and signed up here a little while ago but haven’t posted till now. Also ging to send an email for the restricted side of the forum right quick!

I'm Jeff. Firefighter paramedic with a large department in the south portland metro area. Was a swat medic for a couple years. Shoot a little uspsa and three gun occasionally, and am mostly just trying to get as much training as I can. I live outside Willamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.