Introductions Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjgewehr

Hi everyone, I'm Tyler from PA. I am a civilian with an engineering tech background who is hoping to just absorb some knowledge after being introduced to the forum through the great stuff discussed in the Modcasts.

Kain

Hello.
Found through Inrange, which led to me having just spent the past few weeks working through a few of the Modcasts. Find many to be informative and to another degree entertaining. Spent time on other forums, most I left due to derp. Have one I have spent a good bit of time on which is more detail and professional oriented than most. Hoping to see the same detail, effectiveness, and high signal/low noise ratio out there.

On my side am also, like Tyler above in the Keystone state, competitive shooter for the past 15 years, dabbled in pistol competition as well though not my competition focus, would like find some local two gun stuff around. I also kind of collect guns, and other randomness, read entirely too much, and also dabble in writing, among other interests and hobbies.

Side note, is my internet the only one who gives all kinds of issues loading the pages? Took me like 5 days to finally get a chance to post here.

Kain

Hello.
Found through Inrange, which led to me having just spent the past few weeks working through a few of the Modcasts. Find many to be informative and to another degree entertaining. Spent time on other forums, most I left due to derp. Have one I have spent a good bit of time on which is more detail and professional oriented than most. Hoping to see the same detail, effectiveness, and high signal/low noise ratio out there.

On my side am also, like Tyler above in the Keystone state, competitive shooter for the past 15 years, dabbled in pistol competition as well though not my competition focus, would like find some local two gun stuff around. I also kind of collect guns, and other randomness, read entirely too much, and also dabble in writing, among other interests and hobbies.

Side note, is my internet the only one who gives all kinds of issues loading the pages? Took me like 5 days to finally get a chance to post here.

RallyMech

Amateur
Finally registered, hosting issues blow.

Non LEO, Non .Mil, Mech Eng, long time hunter, 10 year shooting enthusiast, 2 year concealed carrier, new 3gun shooter.

Found P&S through InRangeTV, and working my way through the backlog of modcasts. Definitely in the gun nerd category. Here to learn, get some good training when I plateau, and save money by not buying junk.

Kain

Yeah - having hosting issues. working on a solution.

It cool, hope it gets sorted with minimal headaches.

Also, are there seriously achievements/trophy's on here? I'm not sure that is a good idea. LoL. Maybe I just not been planing enough video games lately.

I’m Justin, Dayton TN. Married with one daughter. Army infantry 2001-2005, Army Reserve drill sergeant 2008-2015; Nuclear Security Officer for Progress Energy/Duke Energy at CR3 2007-2014, Nuclear Security Officer for TVA at SQN 2014- present, CAF/adversary team member for 1 year. Recently became a Patron supporter of P&S on Patreon. Sage Alumni, hoping to expand my knowledge base by taking classes more often to better prepare myself as well as meet and learn from like-minded people. I enjoy tactical/modern firearms, wheel guns, NFA items, video games, and learning from others to neutralize the derp.

DanM

I’m an LEO working for a small agency. I’ve been doing it for about four years now. Guns and reading are pretty much my only hobbies. I try to take one class a year but sometimes it doesn’t work out. I’ve learned a ton from P&S over the last year so I just wanted to say thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSA

mil med, civ ER tech, civ EMT looking to expand knowledge base to survive and complete the mission. Here because I was encouraged by Some Random Fireman over at LightFighter to crosspost so here I am.

Trevor

Student Murse, and part-time bartender. Been doing the firearms training thing for a few years and carrying about as long, looking to escape the derp and continue to gain useful knowledge from guys that know way more than I do. Mainly here to listen and read.

Steve. Former reserve infantry guy in the Canadian Army. Please keep your laughter down to a quiet snicker. Did some contracting in the late unpleasantness. Some of that contracting was driving fuel tankers for KBR for the first half of 2005. The rest of '05 and '06 was doing armed venue security in Baghdad at a compound in Karradah. I hung out a lot on Lightfighter prior to and during that period, but I gave up on forums after coming home. The last 10 years has been a lot of truck driving and work in the oil industry in Western Canada. I've been shooting on my own, outside the military, since 1998 and I have a real interest in the competitive and defensive use of firearms, even though I live in a jurisdiction where I can only do the former. I found P&S through In Range and have really enjoyed the modcasts. I'm not a neophyte but I certainly recognize that there are people here with waaaaaaayyyy more knowledge than I have, so I will be learning a lot and posting very little. Thanks

CS0817

Hi all, I'm Chris. I am a retired Army guy (11B, and 68w) of 22 years. Most of that was at Bragg with the 82nd ABN DIV. I am working as a paramedic in north central PA and have gone on run of the mill calls to total shit shows where i had to lead a team in and carry the patient out (at night, with no cool army shit). I've been following P&S on social media for a while and really enjoy the content. I am not a gun guy, I am a Glock, and AR guy. I have a bolt gun that only sees the light of day during deer season. I like to train the fundamentals frequently and try to stay current in all aspects of emergency care while working "part time" (36-48hrs a week), going to school full time (nursing), and sharing custody of an awesome kid.

I am a member of the Barstool Operators drinking club and consider myself a semi professional Guinness and Jameson connoisseur and amateur shooter. Glad to be here.

BBDT

Hello all. Been reading / following here for quite some time. Personal SOP is to generally STFU and listen so will never have a high post count.
Me: Retired mil currently gov't contractor. Love guns but they are tools for me. Defense and family protection are pri focus. CC seriously for last 7 yrs. Rode the Dunning-Kruger derp train at first like most folks but finally figured out the right places for info. Sadly there aren't many. This forum is at the top of my list.
The journey never ends.

Chaucer

Amateur
Hello All,

Director of Security for a major hotel resort. Mainly VIPs and public safety stuff.

My world is getting flipped on its head after the Vegas shooting. Looking to put my team on the cutting edge of the hotel security industry, not playing catch-up.

My whole team could be moving to armed "discreet-carry" so a search for knowledge and referrals from friends pushed me here.

Thanks for having me.

--Chaucer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Cory Esson

Cory Esson. Civilian/ccw type. Was introduced into the training world like 8 years ago. And I've been constantly looking for information to help me make better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.