Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

Stanislao

Phlster has greatly improved their Enigma production capacity. I doubt that you will have to wait long.

Also, my Enigmas have been very much worth the hype. I have both the classic and the LBE.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Phlster has greatly improved their Enigma production capacity. I doubt that you will have to wait long.

Also, my Enigmas have been very much worth the hype. I have both the classic and the LBE.

Yeah according to a comment on their IG account should be just a few days. I imagine increased production capacity and being past the initial overwhelming rush of demand will help.

I think it’ll give me the last little bit of juice I need. Right now the clips of the holster and the positioning of the belt loops on my pants interfere too much to get quite the adjustability that I’m looking for, so being able to separate the holster from the belt line should be helpful. Plus I like my basketball shorts and sweatpants and it’d be nice to be able to wear them and stay properly armed

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
76CD854B-0F9C-48E6-BF99-A0DB4FFEC75D.jpeg

Honestly half of my ideas really have no business working nearly as well as they end up

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I saw the utility in the Enigma system before I got to try one, but after messing around with it at home for a few hours I’m astonished at how beneficial it is. Having nearly limitless adjustment that doesn’t rely on the position of my pants belt or belt loops significantly increases the concealability and comfort with carrying around such a large gun. This combination flat out works.

Next range trip I’m running concealment drills in my basketball shorts

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Couple hundred rounds at the outdoor range this afternoon since it was such a nice day, the EVO320 maintains its boringly reliable streak - just 100 rounds away from the 3,000 mark and a nice thorough cleaning. No shooting from the holster allowed (my brother and dad picked the range, not my favorite place), so no practice with the Enigma yet but that’ll come in the next week.

I did get yelled at for rapid fire, even though I was shooting intentionally slowly

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
16ACF53B-787B-432C-AC8C-F027264D7BF0.jpeg

Just over the 3,000 round mark on the EVO320 this evening and the first real shooting test of the Enigma setup. The holster is remarkably stable and comfortable when drawing and reholstering, never once did I notice it shift or get out of position from where I set it up initially. I really wish I’d purchased an Enigma platform initially, not just for the additional adjustment I wanted for the larger EVO320. I doubt I’ll use anything else going forward. Tomorrow the gun will get broken down and get a good scrubbing.

And yes, I was shooting in basketball shorts

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
122B8546-736A-4231-B3C4-AC85D5CBA1E2.jpeg

Broke the pistol down and scrubbed a bunch of carbon out. Inspected the innards and everything appears to be in good working order. Scraped some of the crud off the magazines while I was at it, the followers and feed lips in particular needed it. All back together and ready for the next 3,000 rounds

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
BF1F9A99-FC0A-461B-A079-E4E783368AE2.jpeg

A small curiosity satisfied. At least by weight, somehow the gun is shockingly still easily legal for USPSA CO. So there’s that

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Interesting bit of information relevant to content previously posted in this thread:

Now, this comes with the caveat that backyard ballistics testing is still backyard ballistics testing - although TNOutdoors9 is probably on the higher end of quality for the DIY ballistics gel reviewers - but it’s worth noting.

As it pertains to this thread, a while back I did purchase a small bulk amount of the USA Ready 124gr +P loads as I couldn’t find any of my standard Critical Duty loads in stock anywhere. I haven’t purchased any more since, and probably won’t again. At this point I think in the case of defensive JHP ammo I’m pivoting my preference towards the Gold Dot/HST gold standards for the category, though still just about any 124gr +P load from a major manufacturer will be sufficient

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
B534240A-E09D-4ADD-B1A0-6011FD3253B9.jpeg

My brother got his slide back from Jagerwerks after milling and installation of 508T X2. Looks excellent, should be able to get it to the range this weekend to shoot it. I do believe fairly soon I’ll be upgrading the EVO320 from the current Gen1 508T to the X2 version for side-loading battery. I’m kind of leaning towards getting the green dot version too?

06D0B49C-9519-490A-AC97-D6F86D59F2AB.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
039067E9-62E0-4C2C-A421-AEFBD17D0EB8.jpeg

Went to the local “guntry club” range today and shot the EVO320 a bit more, no problems there. Went there specifically though because reps from Phoenix Trinity were there with guns that they were letting people shoot. It was…Surprisingly disappointing.

To start they didn’t have any of the Open division Honcho pistols there which is really what they’re known for and what I was most interested in, but whatever. They did have a few of their new Morph carry guns to try, so I asked to shoot the 9mm and 10mm.

For one thing, apparently the guns don’t like lefties because every time I shot the 9mm it would cycle correctly but the hammer wouldn’t reset on the sear so after each shot I wound up with a live round in the chamber with the hammer down. Apparently a couple other lefties who’d tried shooting the guns this weekend had had the same issue.

As far as the 10mm, it just would not feed properly. The gun went back and forth between nosediving rounds and somehow popping the front of the next round up through the ejection port. The rep seemed to be implying I wasn’t shooting the guns correctly, until I broke out my personal gun and fired a full mag flawlessly. Not really impressed. I’m adding Phoenix Trinity to the list of products that aren’t for me. Right next to the Learjet and mega yacht.

Going to a different range later today with my brother so he can shoot the new P320 he just got back from Jagerwerks. More later

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
CC34DDA6-7475-4184-83E2-C11514937D15.jpeg

More concealment practice for me and initial reliability testing for my brother’s new P320 (not pictured unfortunately). No malfunctions to report from either.

Anybody know how to convince someone that using bulk steel cased FMJ ammo as your zeroing ammo is stupid as hell? I’ve tried and nothing’s gotten through…

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
34FCA974-BA61-41E1-A1AF-EF3B07ACC2A3.jpeg

Another range day and up to 3,300 rounds with no issues. Part of the reason my brother and I went today is because the range had a rep from Springfield Armory there with a bunch of guns to try shooting for free, including the new SA-35. Grabbed it to run a few magazines through, and my brother wanted to try the 10mm XDM. The HP worked great - The XDM malfunctioned. I’m shocked, I tell you

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
24B99DD7-2A21-4C47-B03E-8190803E3F4D.jpeg

I think I’ve decided to sell the RS320s. I don’t really shoot them anymore since having built the EVO320, and I don’t have much interest in safe queens. I’d rather have the money to fund another project build

Smith

Out of curiosity, are you selling them as Specials as a package deal, or pistols & other items separately? Wonder if anyone in a regular store is looking for a Roland Special.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Out of curiosity, are you selling them as Specials as a package deal, or pistols & other items separately? Wonder if anyone in a regular store is looking for a Roland Special.

They’re being sold as-is seen in the picture I posted on the 27th. The LGS I took them to has other new and used modified pistols for sale as well, including several kinds of RS Glocks and other guns. So they’re in good company in that store