Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

NEC_0170

Amateur
View attachment 6977

It was getting to be about time to replace the recoil spring on the RS320A, and while I was replacing parts I decided to opt for an upgrade. I liked the feeling and function of the DPM spring system in the EVO320 so much I bought one for each of the RS320s. Optics Planet shipped the one they had in stock, the second one for RS320B should be here in about a week.

A build is never truly finished...

I am pleased as well - with the lightweight spring I can reliably shoot Winchester White Box 115gr with my Parker Mountain dual port comp. Previously I had to shoot 124gr Nato like yourself but it is hard to find currently. A simple spring swap and I can shoot the cheap stuff with my blaster.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I am pleased as well - with the lightweight spring I can reliably shoot Winchester White Box 115gr with my Parker Mountain dual port comp. Previously I had to shoot 124gr Nato like yourself but it is hard to find currently. A simple spring swap and I can shoot the cheap stuff with my blaster.

Agreed, it certainly seemed to help the EVO320 with the larger three-port comp. What I liked most though was the noticeable reduction in muzzle dip when the slide finishes going back into battery, as well as the feeling of smoothness of the slide as it cycles. Those benefits should manifest in the RS320s as well

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
C1C150D4-23DD-4F06-B37D-53DEA47C0948.jpeg

With my grip modules (hopefully) soon being finished up at Springer, I took a little time tonight to tear down my “flush-fit” magazines that were based on Compact 15-round mag tubes. Since all three of my P320s will now have Carry module dimensions, I no longer had use for the 15+2 configurations. Those 17-round mag tubes now have the TTI +2 base pads and Grams Engineering 11-coil spring and follower kits, for a total capacity of 19 rounds. These will be the new “flush-fit” mag option when paired with the Springer ESP magwell grip modules. That leaves my current magazine count at four 19-rounders, four 23-rounders, and three 27-round happy sticks with another four 23-rounders on deck once I get the tubes and internals to make them

9C36C38C-BE4A-47CC-8BF3-9152422264CA.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
0643D241-80DF-4FF3-A213-975F9CB2CB9D.jpeg

My brother picked up a brand new bouncing baby blaster today, and brought it over for me to fondle. The P365 seems like a very nice little pistol on initial inspection and I’ll be excited to try shooting it at our next range day. That said, handling and manipulating it has more solidified my intent to not purchase one for myself - It’s a bit too small for my preferences, and the stiff single-sided slide release is difficult to manipulate as a southpaw. Still a nice gun though

5E795889-A429-45BA-85B8-4291A30A5DDE.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Sounds like Springer’s gunsmith ran into a couple speed bumps with the magwell fitting but he’s got it figured out now and should have them in the mail back to me in the next week!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
4D7B5A19-7C22-4185-9A3F-971A53B98A35.jpeg

It’s been not much more than ceiling dryfire for the last couple weeks as I’m currently in the lull between two different procedures, the second of which will hopefully permanently make my back a little less FUBAR. Awaiting a shipping notification from Springer on the grip modules which should be any day now. More updates as I get them!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
46FA9DBB-DE4F-4F69-9E73-1806FA124659.jpeg

Stock doesn’t last long in my family. Brother got his P365 slide back from Jagerwerks with the Holosun 507K installed. Very nicely done work and rounds out his mini EDC package nicely with the TLR6

D49B65F1-B392-4F35-846D-EFB13D1FC8B1.jpeg

BF37A329-6C78-4B87-8CC0-285C104ACE5C.jpeg

Stanislao

Does he have a holster for the P365/TLR-6? Also, Glock leaked a picture of a TLR-7 with an interchange clamp on a Glock48. Hopefully Streamlight have a TLR-7 for the P365 soon.

Speaking of holsters, is your hacked Floodlight working well?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Does he have a holster for the P365/TLR-6? Also, Glock leaked a picture of a TLR-7 with an interchange clamp on a Glock48. Hopefully Streamlight have a TLR-7 for the P365 soon.

Speaking of holsters, is your hacked Floodlight working well?

He ordered a QVO More Discreet holster while the slide was out at Jagerwerks, it fits the completed gun like a glove.

Per your question on the Floodlight for the EVO320, the answer is yes and no. It carries/retains, conceals, and draws exceedingly well still for such a large gun with excess bulk in an unorthodox area. The only problem is reholstering - because I removed so much support material to make way for the optic mount, under belt pressure after I draw the gun the holster collapses down and makes it a frustratingly tight squeeze to get the gun back in without removing the holster from my belt entirely. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do about that yet, either I’ll stick with the Floodlight and deal with the hassle of reholstering, or get a fully custom holster molded that doesn’t have the same structural issue under belt pressure (probably the latter cause it’s really a bitch to get it back in without taking it off my belt).

I still haven’t been carrying the EVO320 daily for a while though because I didn’t re-zero the optic after replacing the KI barrel and comp with the current Bar-Sto and Springer combo. It’s still more than accurate enough for range days, but I’m waiting to get the replacement grip module back from Springer and get the mount and everything transferred over to that new grip module at which point I’ll have my gunsmith re-zero the entire system more precisely. I could have him re-zero the optic now, but I know it’ll need to be done again after getting the new grip module drilled and tapped and installing the mount so I’m waiting to do it all in one go once I have the new module

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Well the grip modules were supposed to arrive yesterday but USPS gonna USPS...Hopefully it’ll show up today or tomorrow. Update coming as soon as that happens

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
ACAF5167-9CAE-48DF-9DFB-4C00120FB59D.jpeg

Precision Squared has arrived!

796F6E5D-38C8-4EB3-9751-313A9B216A19.jpeg

It took a little longer than expected but absolutely worth the wait. Fit and finish of the magwell installations are absolutely top notch, the balance and fit in hand is downright perfect, and the weight is in all the right places. I can’t wait to get these to the range, I imagine these will barely budge in recoil with their 124gr NATO/+P standard diet.

B84EE705-67F2-4BD1-BB91-CA6DAE6C2077.jpeg

With these finished grip modules both RS320s are back in completed functional form. The EVO320 will be going to my gunsmith soon to get the new grip module drilled and tapped, the trigger kit installed, and reassembled.

26919759-B56B-4BCC-9900-C95F4F84EF00.jpeg

Shooting report on the new and improved RS320s as soon as I’m able to get to the range!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
1C6D4575-E4DE-4C47-AB84-B1E84F92D840.jpeg

Doing some dryfire/mag change practice tonight and figured I’d take a detail pic of the magwell fit. Perfectly blended with a bit of epoxy for a smooth transition from magwell to internal grip funnel, with zero hitches or stuck mags so far. It supports my pinky finger and the space between the magwell flare and the trigger guard fits my hand like a glove

FE9A2373-9814-455E-A91B-078D35936557.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
5A789624-08E8-4AEC-B615-50E5E3DA6447.jpeg

B5C6A65A-F804-4F08-A231-7C839FC6C933.jpeg

This monster will be going to see the gunsmithing wizard tomorrow or Thursday to get the new grip module drilled and tapped, Apex trigger installed, final reassembly and re-zeroing. Wait time will likely be a few weeks and I’m scheduled for surgery on the 6th, so it might as well be with the ‘smith while I’m off my feet and recovering anyway. Almost finished!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
BA895B3C-C1CB-43A8-80FC-56CEB3EA4676.jpeg

Despite all the other insanity that occurred, 2020 was an excellent year in the Project Nemesis saga. I’m very pleased with the current condition of the trio compared to this time last year, and excited for everything coming up next in 2021. Happy new year to everyone, I hope it’s a good one for you all!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
The ‘smith estimates the EVO320 will be wrapped up around February 8th, which works since I’m scheduled to be filleted in a little less than seven hours from the time of this post and it will likely be about that long before I’m up and moving confidently again. I’ll be using the down time to brainstorm, research, and look for inspiration for what my next P320 build should be. Whatever it is, I’m pretty certain it’ll have a “50 Shades of FDE” color scheme as that’s certainly one of the pigments conspicuously lacking from my pistol safe.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for builds, parts, or out-of-the-box experiments they’d like to see tried feel free to post here or send me a message, I’d love to hear what everyone else wants to see built next!

Last edited:

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Well after some opportunities conspired to make it possible, I’ve settled on my next project. It’s a little...different:

10A376E0-A302-4F16-9B18-2F2BA10EFDF5.jpeg

Emphasis on different. And little.

By no means are my P320 shenanigans complete, there’s still plenty of testing and shooting to do when the EVO320 is finished and I’ll still be posting to this thread regularly. But as for the next gun I’m building I’m taking a short break from P320s to work on another project I’ve wanted to do for years as well. If anyone’s interested, you can follow along with that build in this thread:

http://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...ge-to-19th-century-gangster-knuckleguns.8105/

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Just about a week out from when the EVO320 should be finished up, and shortly after that I should be in decent enough condition to take an excursion to the range. I’m getting antsy to get it back in final form!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Spoke with my ‘smith, the EVO320 will miss going to the range today by just a few days but it should be wrapped up and ready to be picked up later this week!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
DE439755-B753-47A6-83B2-9D38398B0C71.jpeg

Pretty short range trip today, outdoor ranges and below-freezing wind chill are not a fun mix. Not much of a substantive update on the RS320s as most of my attention was focused on the first rounds through the Pug, but yet again no issues or malfunctions to report. They just keep chugging along as they should