Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I also have another 1,000 lumen X300U-B on the way, so I won’t have to keep switching out the one on RS320B. I did predict 2020 would be an expensive year...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
A08D5798-37AB-42C9-8FCB-488D2D6DF685.jpeg

Future EDC <- -> Current EDC.

“You’re not really going to carry a full-on Open gun for EDC CCW, are you?” Yes, yes I am. “But why?!” Because I finally can.

Thanks to the inevitable intersection and availability of high-quality concealment holsters, rugged miniaturized pistol red dot sights, precision match-grade aftermarket component support, and the boringly reliable modular core architecture of the P320 platform, the dividing line between the absolute optimal performance configuration for any handgun and what is practical to conceal and carry on a daily basis is about to be obliterated. This is not a race gun. This is the next evolution of the modern fighting pistol. This is the EVO320 project

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
EE5DCC2B-39A6-4F32-84EC-666397383707.jpeg

Getting excited for the quarantine order here in Colorado to expire at the end of this week - Range time and delivering the EVO320 to my gunsmith for final assembly are coming soon!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
397A5C97-B13F-4425-9352-04AB33CF9F17.jpeg

Someone on another forum asked a question about the optic mount on the EVO320 potentially interfering with ejection - as illustrated in the photo, it shouldn’t be a concern in the slightest

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
My current plan is to use the Phlster Floodlight to index off the X300U, with a bit of trimming to clearance the optic mount. That should work with both the AIWB and OWB Floodlight models - Key word there being should, as it’s always possible there’s something I’m not accounting for in theory that will result in failure when put into practice

MojoNixon

Established
My current plan is to use the Phlster Floodlight to index off the X300U, with a bit of trimming to clearance the optic mount. That should work with both the AIWB and OWB Floodlight models - Key word there being should, as it’s always possible there’s something I’m not accounting for in theory that will result in failure when put into practice
Just remember like cutting lumber, measure twice, cut once. Or trim once. Whatever the case may be.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
After a lengthy delay I’ll be getting the EVO320 to my gunsmith this week for installation of the optic mount, which will make it functional. I’ve got a couple additional parts to add after that before it’s completely finished, but at least it will be in a shootable condition!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
AC19B75E-834E-4146-96A9-D342F7A028ED.jpeg

The EVO320 is in the hands of my gunsmith, and now the waiting begins. My brother took the opportunity to get his R1P mounted up to his M18 and zeroed as well, which for now means his build is finished - For now...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
8F02C581-181B-40BA-A7E1-F3124CBFE230.jpeg

Anyone care to guess what this little piece is? It’ll go on the EVO320 once I get it back from my gunsmith

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! It's a charging handle for the rear sight dovetail!

Ding ding! Since there won’t be any iron sights or an optic on the slide to catch on a belt or obstacle for one-handed manipulations, I figured it would be a good idea to add something that can be used as a ledge to cycle the slide. It will be drastically reduced in size to make it much more suitable for carry, but the principle and use will remain the same

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
So, umm...How’s the weather where y’all are at?

I swear I’m not getting impatient about getting the EVO320 back. Nope.

Not at all...