Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
This thread has actually inspired my next build - P320 TXG grip module with the compact slide and Parker Mountain Machine barrel/ultra comp. Should be a really flat shooting blaster.

Inspiring others to spend money building guns is still my favorite pastime! Feel free to post here or message me if you have any questions, I’ll do whatever I can to help

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
429799FD-681E-47FD-AC51-57BCE5E447B6.jpeg

The 508T installs on the Atlas mount with a reassuring “click” down onto the recoil bosses, very well made interface by Atlas Gunworks.

DCB1BF50-E92E-4E5F-A341-8589988EE781.jpeg

The circle-dot reticle is bright, crisp, and the auto-adjust system works very well. Initial impressions leave me very impressed with Holosun. The EVO320 inches closer to operational...

DE7E4F0A-9369-4EE9-93D8-0DBCA00A4254.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Well I can’t say I’m not a bit disappointed;

The company about to release aluminum P320 grip modules missed all the other features I was hoping they would include other than it being made out of aluminum. Split the difference between Fullsize and Compact with a Carry size, no magwell compatibility, no rough grip texturing. It’ll still work for the EVO320 build as it’ll be solid enough to attach the optic mount to, but I will be looking to replace it at the first available opportunity whenever a better option comes to market.

Damn it I had high hopes for this thing...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
CORRECTION; I may have spoken too soon, further info and pictures posted to Icarus Precision’s Instagram feed appear to indicate compatibility with the X-Five magwell. So there’s that at least.

Still, with the full-length grip it’ll be too large at least for me to CCW. So until they come out with a Compact version the EVO320 will be relegated to nightstand and range duty

Steven Cali

Quantified Performance
So, I might be missing something important, but since it is just a big block of aluminum, shouldn't you be able to make it the size you want, and make it fit any mag well you want with a hacksaw and a Dremel?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
To each his own, but it’s worth noting there is only a minor difference in grip length between compact and full size P320s (0.2”)View attachment 5581View attachment 5583

While you’re factually correct, in my practical experience that .2” difference is the difference between being able to completely conceal the pistol with a magwell and extended base pads in an AIWB holster (like I can with the current RS320 pistol configurations) and looking like I have a hernia (like I did when I built the first RS320 iteration using a X-Carry grip module much earlier in this thread).

For whatever reason - perhaps the larger overall circumference of the X-Carry grip modules and thus these aluminum grip modules modeled after it - it’s nearly impossible for me to properly conceal the X-Series grips, which is part of the reason I switched out to the standard Compact grip modules on the RS320 builds

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
So, I might be missing something important, but since it is just a big block of aluminum, shouldn't you be able to make it the size you want, and make it fit any mag well you want with a hacksaw and a Dremel?

...You have a point there. While I don’t personally possess the tools or skills to not make it a hackjob, I’m sure I could convince my gunsmith to take dremel and file to it and reshape it just about any way I want. I may go that route. I’ll be putting it in my ‘smiths hands to drill and tap the dustcover for the optic mount anyway, I’ll see how much it might cost to get the grip reprofiled and shortened at that time

Last edited:

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
What is the object second from the top right, above the magazine and glasses? I'm assuming some manner of light and would like to know more.

It’s a relatively little-known handheld flashlight, a Strobeforce D-Tac 1000. I don’t believe they’re still being produced, it was designed and manufactured by a company that specializes in karambit knives with the intention of giving similar use/capability as a karambit without the NPE-precluding sharpened edge. It’s a 1,000 lumen LED with palm pressure pad activation, with 1,000 lumen strobe, 1,000 lumen constant, and ~20 lumen low/administrative constant modes. When I bought it it was the only flashlight available on the market with the finger retention ring which was the primary feature in which I was most interested.

There are almost certainly better options available on the market today - particularly ones that would be compatible with the Thyrm SwitchBack retention ring - but it’s held up perfectly well since I got it and is sufficient for my personal needs, so I haven’t invested the time or money in replacing it

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
4D9027A7-9C43-4914-8283-90A7733A9470.jpeg

The only thing better than Sunday night dryfire practice is dryfire practice while watching Tom Brady eat it for the second week in a row

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
BDDFF5BC-B88A-48AE-9325-5B90F3D36B4A.jpeg

Getting re-acquainted with the X-Carry grip module ergonomics in preparation for the Icarus Precision ACE320 aluminum grip module. I definitely like the standard Compact grip module with a Springer Precision ESP magwell for a CCW gun, but Sig certainly didn’t get very much wrong with the X-Series grip modules

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
And with the recent announcement of Phlster’s OWB version of their stellar Floodlight holster, I do believe I will now have a quality set of AIWB/OWB holsters to properly contain the EVO320 when it’s finished;

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight-owb/

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight/

They’ll both need a bit of dremel modification to properly clearance the optic mount, but should still provide adequate retention for my purposes. More pieces falling into place...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
7CFD84FE-8705-435F-A38B-E4D1FB7A119E.jpeg

In the holiday spirit, carry for today is the Black Multicam/ODG RS320 accompanied by 40+1 season’s greetings of red-nosed Hornady Critical Duty. Happy holidays everyone!

4D6AFBBE-1063-4834-9D12-64A915595803.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
After a long stretch of relative inaction, I’ll be getting to the range this weekend and dropping off RS320B with my gunsmith to install the Apex trigger kit and dial in the zero on the R1. With those two changes finished RS320B will officially be completed, and my focus in 2020 will turn to the completion of the EVO320.

For anyone still following, I’ve still got a lot of content planned in the new year for this fantastic platform - Much more time come!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
D8C69DC1-8CAF-471F-8A3D-E80A10C5F9D1.jpeg
Getting nearly 340 rounds loaded in prep for a range day is tiring...Thank god for the Uplula mag loader!