Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
That's weird. That's really weird. My first thought is that the slide cycles and returns to a forward position faster than my eye can track it, so (to me) it functionally doesn't move, so what would be the benefit of this? My second thought is that now my front and rear sights move independently of each other. In a match gun, I'd expect the tolerances and lockup to be so precise that it wouldn't actually be an issue.

I still want to see one, though.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Apologies for being a bit slow with new updates lately for anyone still following, been waiting on work to pick back up to have the spending funds to finish up on RS320B. I should have at least another range trip update soon though - Still have plenty of 124gr NATO to burn through and more reliability testing to do on the B pistol

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3705.JPG

Another 300 rounds through RS320B without incident, bringing the total to 600 rounds. Transferred over my spare X-Carry grip module to RS320A because my dad was shooting with me and he prefers the larger, full-length grip over the Compact. Also got to lay hands on a Walther Q5 Match SF at the retail side of the range - That is a nice gun, but it just makes me want a steel grip module for the P320 more...

I call this picture "Proof you can't buy skill";

IMG_3710.JPG

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
As a bit of a tease about what everyone can expect once work picks up again (should start happening this week), here are the titles from my current projects list;

- Finish RS320B (won't take long from this point)
- Sight-Tracker build (ST320)
- RS320C (same formula as the current RS320s, FDE/Coyote version)
- X-Five dedicated suppressor host

I did say this is going to be an expensive year...

MojoNixon

Established
People are still following. I’m starting to like the P320 as a possible host for some ideas, but what I’m really looking at is an HK USP Compact .45 if Nevada goes retard with mag capacity restrictions laws. Not totally unlikely with as blue we’ve become. For me at least keep the updates coming as interest in your projects remains high.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
People are still following. I’m starting to like the P320 as a possible host for some ideas, but what I’m really looking at is an HK USP Compact .45 if Nevada goes retard with mag capacity restrictions laws. Not totally unlikely with as blue we’ve become. For me at least keep the updates coming as interest in your projects remains high.

Thank you for following sir! I might have to sell a kidney to afford it all, but this platform is just too good not to keep tinkering with and building on. Plenty more to come!

MojoNixon

Established
For those interested, Magtech is now producing a 124 Gr. Nato Spec load, listed at 1329 FPS. (they did not specify barrel length , however). SGAmmo has it for @ $200/1000 round case. I can't help thinking this would be an awesome load thru a comp.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Any reason you are going with a full size slide over a compact slide for a suppressor host?

Expecting to use a grip module with a full-length dustcover, so a Compact slide with suppressor mounted probably wouldn't be compatible unless the outer diameter on the can is unusually small

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
For those interested, Magtech is now producing a 124 Gr. Nato Spec load, listed at 1329 FPS. (they did not specify barrel length , however). SGAmmo has it for @ $200/1000 round case. I can't help thinking this would be an awesome load thru a comp.

1,300 FPS 124gr...Damn. I'm not even sure a little two-port comp could effectively utilize all that gas

user12358

Magtech is now producing a 124 Gr. Nato Spec load, listed at 1329 FPS. (they did not specify barrel length , however).

That is an 8" test barrel. It shouldn't be noticeably hotter than any other 124 gr NATO ammo. Interesting to see if it is cleaner than Winchester though.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
That is an 8" test barrel. It shouldn't be noticeably hotter than any other 124 gr NATO ammo. Interesting to see if it is cleaner than Winchester though.

That would make sense. Why on earth would they list velocity from a barrel twice as long as most standard handgun barrels?

Yondering

To get people to talk about a 1300+ FPS 124 gr 9x19 load and make it look like their ammo is hotter than the competition.

IMO Magtech ammo has never been a high quality product, and unfortunately the gun industry is full of snake oil and card sharks.

With that said, Underwood Ammo's 124gr Gold Dot +P+ 9mm load does an honest 1306 fps avg from my Glock 19, with a pretty tight standard deviation to boot. It was also a good accurate load in my Glocks.

MojoNixon

Established
IMO Magtech ammo has never been a high quality product, and unfortunately the gun industry is full of snake oil and card sharks.

With that said, Underwood Ammo's 124gr Gold Dot +P+ 9mm load does an honest 1306 fps avg from my Glock 19, with a pretty tight standard deviation to boot. It was also a good accurate load in my Glocks.
Thanks. I’ve looked at Underwood’s offerings but have never tried them. This may be my incentive to do so. I would guess a little bit faster out of my 4.5” Silencerco barrel. Maybe 1315/1320 FPS.