Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3398.JPG

In fairness to my gunsmith, the pistol was ready to be picked up on the 30th - I just didn't have time to get it until today.

Loctite is now drying for the compensator and the pistol will be in shootable condition tomorrow. The green in the slide and grip module is a bit more apparent with the contrast of the black comp, optic shroud, and X300U

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3421.JPG

Now we're getting somewhere. All that's left to bring the B pistol up to A spec is a Springer magwell and Apex trigger kit. I guess I didn't realize how quickly another one of these builds would come together once I had the formula sorted out...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
The green is much more appreciable when placed next to a black gun. Looks sick.

I am quite pleased with how it turned out aesthetically. To be honest, choosing the BMC cerakote over one of the standard ones was more of an impulse when purchasing than anything else

tylerw02

The thing about the X-Five it is begging for USPSA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The X-Five was specifically designed for competition use, yes. It also makes a rather good duty/defensive pistol as well

As much as I hate Sig lately, I traded a couple P226s collecting dust for an X-Five and X-Carry. We shall see how they do.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
As much as I hate Sig lately, I traded a couple P226s collecting dust for an X-Five and X-Carry. We shall see how they do.

I think you'll like the P320 platform. Definitely keep us updated if you run into any issues.

Range time tomorrow to put the first rounds through RS320B, update to follow

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Sometimes having an unpredictable work schedule is fun and exciting. Other times it means missing out on other plans like range time...Dammit. I'll have time to get to the range later this week though, shooting report on RS320B is coming!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3451.JPG

Back from the range and the first 300 rounds through RS320B with zero malfunctions to report. Predominantly shot the Winchester FMJ rounds with about 50 Critical Duty, neither of which hiccuped. The pistol is shooting slightly low and right (confirmed it wasn't me flinching by shooting RS320A which is dead on), but that wasn't too surprising as it was only roughly zeroed after installation of the new barrel and optic shroud

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
You going to swap the trigger bow on the RS320BMC (black multi cam) to match the black one's trigger?

Yes, another Apex trigger kit will be on deck for RS320B as soon as I have the funds. That plus a Springer ESP magwell will make the B pistol mechanically identical to RS320A. Shooting both pistols back to back only solidified my preference for the feel of the Apex kit over the stock X-Series trigger

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Me, desperately looking online for confirmation or evidence that someone is working on a metal grip module;

IMG_3541.JPG

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3565.JPG

Sounds like Bobby Carver is going to be taking a little longer than expected to get the modified mount parts completed, so the CW320 may be going on the backburner for now. Not scrapped, just postponed.

Sitting here staring at my guns thinking about what else I'd like to do/where to take things from here. Some terribly interesting and expensive ideas going through my mind...I'm gonna need a bigger pistol safe. More soon

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Quick poll; If I've figured out a feasible way to make a sight-tracking P320, who would be interested in seeing something like that...?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
What do you mean by sight-tracking?

IMG_3687.JPG

Popularized on competition pistols, a "sight tracker" has the front iron sight affixed to the barrel of the pistol rather than the slide, thus remaining (relatively) stationary while the slide cycles. It allows you to more easily track the front sight post through recoil and the cycling of the action

Yondering

Quick poll; If I've figured out a feasible way to make a sight-tracking P320, who would be interested in seeing something like that...?

I don't think I'd want one myself, but I'd be interested in seeing it. Are you thinking of soldering a lug onto an existing barrel, or having a new barrel made?