Intermittently stuck safety selector

Went to range yesterday to confirm my rifle zero. I observed that intermittently, my safety selector would not switch from FIRE to SAFE during slow bench rest firing. The selector is able to switch again if I pull back on the bolt either slightly (press check) or fully. When chamber is empty, the selector has never jammed whether the BCG is locked back or not. I am running a Daniel Defense DDm4v7pro Lower with Ambi safety selector, POF ultimate bolt carrier group, Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced Trigger, and OEM buffer and buffer spring. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for any help.

What parts on the lower have been changed from factory config?
thank you for replying. I have changed three components: 1) the pistol grip (installed BCM Mod3). This was most recent change and admittedly, the problem did not occur before this, 2) the BCG (same time frame as the pistol grip), and 3) Ambi Safety selector (unilateral to bilateral/ambi selector)- this last one was done 6 months ago). I removed the pistol grip after the issue arose and confirmed that the spring was not bent and that the detent was properly installed.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
I have had this issue occur due to two reasons. One being the recess that the detent rides in on the selector lever being improperly cut (insufficient depth). This should be relatively easy to compare when held next to a standard selector lever. If you want throw up a picture we might be able to diagnose that.

The second issue was for whatever reason there was some residual material or fluid on the detent. Cleaning off the detent and its channel and adding some lubrication resolved the problem.

Rick