Improvement/Upgrades to the P&S Network

N

nate89

The flow of info is good, I do see many threads on the forum as being somewhat lethargic regarding responses. No question I would prefer few quality posts to many of little value, but I think continuing to push for use of the forum (especially over the facebook page), which I know that @Riafdnal has already been doing for some time. I think one thing as members we can do it network out to others to increase the membership, especially those who have the ability to make quality contributions. That would do wonders for increasing traffic on the forums, and in turn drive more traffic here as the source of quality info. I will be trying to add additional people I know of in the coming weeks.

ptrlcop

Established
Facebook is good for accessibility but sucks for depth of responses. I think that is just the nature of that form of drive by media.

We need to recruit more to participate in the restricted forums.

I think many people are longing for the "old days" of forums but things are not evolving as quickly as they did in the early days of GWOT and there is less great stuff to talk about. Today, it's almost hard to be dicked up gear wise of you have put any effort into looking. That leaves us with TTPs which many don't/wont/can't speak about online

If you guys are looking for a new social media site that "allegedly" won't censor your content, look into GAB. I don't know much about it other than a lot of people are switching from twitter to gab because twitter is censoring people that don't agree with their point of view. So that might be an option I'm just putting it out there, do with it what you will with it. And another thing that you kind of covered in the op about demoing products and putting out reviews and feedback. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a new section in the forum "How To's" like how to test and evaluate a product, these are the specific things we're looking for feedback on, this is exactly how you do it and what you'll need, and when you're done and have all your data here is how and where you should post it. I'll give you an example. If I bought an optic mount and I wanted to test it for others I could go to the how to page and find out exactly what I would need to do and do it. Does that make sense? I'll be the first one to admit I'm just a dummy so if you need me to clarify that I'll do my best.