Bjorn881

I'm looking for recommendations with regards to choosing the height of the front plain black BUIS on a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with a Holosun 508T, the rear sight seems to be a standard .395" across the board in terms of Dawson Precision, Ameriglo 429 and 10-8 Performance Sights. The Ameriglo 429 and 10-8 both go with .315" and Dawson goes with a .405" tall front sight, instinct tells me to go with the shorter front sight so there is less in my vision, what would you recommend?

Chriscanbreach

Established
We’ve had good luck with the Ameriglo 429 although the older design of rears have tended to drift after a few hundred rounds and have to be locktite and countersunk with a punch. Dawson will let you order in whatever height you want and the rear set screw has been problem free.

The sight picture tends to be a personal thing in my opinion and I now prefer them to be just a suggestion in the bottom of the glass. I don’t know why I prefer that now because regardless of where they are as long as they’re in that lower 1/3 region I don’t pay any attention to them and they don’t interfere at all.

I have no issue just making the easy recommendation and saying grab the ameriglos. Here is what they look like behind a 509T on a C&H plateB35442A9-CDF4-47DC-9434-7DD05BD4B4A6.jpeg

WAVandal

Personally, I like a lower 1/3 iron sight picture on my MRDS pistols. I use Ameriglo 429s across the board on my MRDS equipped Glocks. I should also add I use RMR RM06s as well. It's a matter of personal preference. I don't want a true co-witness with my MRDS handguns. I do want that on my rifles.

LukeNCMX

I'm looking for recommendations with regards to choosing the height of the front plain black BUIS on a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with a Holosun 508T, the rear sight seems to be a standard .395" across the board in terms of Dawson Precision, Ameriglo 429 and 10-8 Performance Sights. The Ameriglo 429 and 10-8 both go with .315" and Dawson goes with a .405" tall front sight, instinct tells me to go with the shorter front sight so there is less in my vision, what would you recommend?

Pick the front sight height based on point of impact/point of aim of your ammo. You won’t notice a big difference between the two heights when properly target focused using the dot.

Dawsons are nice but they are not nitrided and need to be oiled to prevent rust.

10-8s have the goofy “U” notch rear. YMMV.

I use the Ameriglo 429s on my milled gen 5 17. They work great but the rear has no set screw and needs to be fitted/bedded with loctite to stay put.

I’d check out the Overwatch Precision sights. A friend uses them with no issues. They combine a lot of the best features of the popular backup sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk