How did you learn about the forum?

jBravo3

Borebrush mentioned P&S in casual conversation at a class a couple of years ago. I checked it out as soon as I got home. I lurked on here for a while, but after soaking up every post I could and listening to every single modcast from my patrol vehicle, I finally joined up. P&S has become a great resource to a lot of guys that don't log on, don't post, come here to snoop around a bit and then go quietly apply the knowledge gained. Thanks for all the effort that goes into it - much appreciated.

Note: I did later confess to Borebrush that I was stalking him on here.

DoKnowHarm

I was very gradually introduced to the forum from talking to guys in classes. I first went to the forum to read the Glock barrel test. The barrel test and the podcast put me over the edge and I joined. Happy to be here.

Asr34

Amateur
When I had a book face, P&S was a suggested page. I clicked on it and started to follow. Did the same with Breach Bang Clear. Didn't put two and two together until I saw P&S articles on LF. Been here ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tots

Came across it in a discussion on pistolforum between members common to both sites. I’m here to listen, not talk, so this is my first post after lurking for a long time. Below pretty much sums it up:

I lurked on here for a while, but after soaking up every post I could and listening to every single modcast from my patrol vehicle, I finally joined up. P&S has become a great resource to a lot of guys that don't log on, don't post, come here to snoop around a bit and then go quietly apply the knowledge gained. Thanks for all the effort that goes into it - much appreciated.

RexMagnum

I saw a picture of a Roland and thought it looked rad, I only needed a comp and barrel to add to my carry gun. I already caught shit at the range for carrying a u boat and rmr so why not catch more. Saw the modcast where Roland explained the story and then I binged every modcast. As the guy who works at your local gun range and midnights on the bambalance to get through school I can’t escape the derp. I teach a very basic pistol class which is basically an intro to uspsa shooting. The rest of the “instructors” I work with are so far out of their lane it’s cringy. One class from tactical response and now they’re seal ninja six. Anyway, this forum and the folks here and especially the folks who work hard to put out quality FREE info is what kept me coming back. Hearing little snippets of how Steve fisher worked at his local range for fun and saw the same derp, or how Matt landfair, much like myself, started in EMS to realize that wasn’t his calling, or Roland competing at his local outlaw match just a rad way to relate and motivate.

Seth Thompson

I read someone on LF.net making a throwaway comment about some people migrating to "the other forum". I did some research and found P&S. Love the podcasts for slow night shifts in the woods. I read the forum a lot, post very little and learn a shit-ton.

fellfox

I found the podcast first, looking for stuff to keep me awake on midnights. I really dug the ethos they had about sharing factual and useful info, not for profit but to better the people who were looking into it.

fwrun

I learned about it via Pistol-Forum. My experience was very similar to the one posted by Tots in July. The mod casts are also killer for passing the slower hours on patrol. Really I could just copy-paste his post.

Maskull

First discovered the forum while researching some technical AR15 stuff a long time ago, forgot about it, recently found the podcast , binge-listened to the modcast... and rediscovered the forum.