Holosun HS407c went out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith

Was doing Dot Torture yesterday, when my Holosun dot just went out while I was shooting the last 2 drills (the 1 reload 1). First I thought the battery went out, although it claims the reticle would blink to warn you, and also it was outdoors in bright daylight, so the solar power should still work. Anyway, put a new 1632 in it, still nothing. Will have to contact their support I guess.

This is after about half a year and about 6,000 rounds, and being pretty careful with the dot and the pistol. Never racked off the dot, never dropped it, it spent most of its time sitting in the case or in a holster.

Kind of not super great in terms of reliability, would suck if this happened to you when you actually have to use it. Then again it's my first dot, so I don't know how reliable the other ones are.

Smith

So just for the record, I still don't have my optic back. They have, at least, determined that it has "a defect" and I should expect a return tracking code for a replacement in 10-15 business days. Haven't shot in over a month :-/

Grizzly

Are you shooting someone else's ammo? I ask because at a cost of 1000 rounds a month buying a backup dot or even backup pistol configured exactly like your main weapon isn't that huge of a budget item compared to ammo costs. And brings a lot of other benefits (like not missing a month of shooting if a single part fails).

Smith

Are you shooting someone else's ammo? I ask because at a cost of 1000 rounds a month buying a backup dot or even backup pistol configured exactly like your main weapon isn't that huge of a budget item compared to ammo costs. And brings a lot of other benefits (like not missing a month of shooting if a single part fails).
No, I'm just pretty new to this. This is my first gun, and my first dot. I guess this is just a different world with guns, but I come from a world where you just have 1 thing, and if it breaks, you get a replacement in 3 days. I've had motorcycle engine rebuilds that took less time than this. Other electronics, like laptops, they just overnight you a new one while your return is still in the mail. I don't have a backup car either.

That is a shame your red dot had broken and the time for Holosun to replace it. It does hurt your confidence when you get a bad product. Overall, holosun is a reputable company for their products.

I didn't see you complain at all about the cost to replace it, just the fact it stopped working.

I do aspire to shoot as many rounds as you do Smith, as of now I am at 300 a month. I supplement a lot of dry firing. Keep up the good work!

Smith

Yea, I suppose cause it's only like $250 I could just buy another. Or keep a spare. Maybe I'll start doing that as I get into this more, but I'm just starting out in shooting (<1 year) and so everything's still new and confusing to me :)

Holosun's had my optic for 21 days now and still hasn't shipped the return.. I consider this pretty bad customer service, tbh. I poked them via email, no answer. Their phone number straight up said "This line is not being monitored, bye."

Royroy

Amateur
I sent a 508t back in January. It took 2.5 months to get it back. Under normal conditions you would be right in the thinking I can just get it replaced in a week. With the current climate in the gun world it’s worth having spares.

Smith

Wow. You think it's due to this supply chain nonsense? Or just the crazy influx of new gun owners?

Gypsy EDC

No, I'm just pretty new to this. This is my first gun, and my first dot. I guess this is just a different world with guns, but I come from a world where you just have 1 thing, and if it breaks, you get a replacement in 3 days. I've had motorcycle engine rebuilds that took less time than this. Other electronics, like laptops, they just overnight you a new one while your return is still in the mail. I don't have a backup car either.
Its a new world post covid
Even companies I have had extremely rapid turn arounds with in the past seem to be scrambling with parts and labor.
2 is 1, 1 is none has never been more accurate imo just had my daily driver in the shop for an extra 2 weeks due to some transmission parts not being available (and being the super trusting person I am I called parts suppliers to verify)

Smith

Sad.

Maybe this will lead to more manufacturing coming back to the US? You'd think people are learning that those long supply lines can be fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.