Holosun 509t mounting

Chriscanbreach

Established
So I was completely mistaken in following the idea of the 509T sharing the mounting footprint of the ACRO.

They are not the same and I can’t see how the two would be compatible.

I’ve had the excellent CHPWS plate holding the ACRO and assumed when the 509T showed up I’d just be able to swap it over.
I was wrong and apologize to anyone who I passed this info on to.

The ACROs cross bar is thinner and sits deeper into the cut than the wider and more shallow 509T cross bar. Both have what appears to be matching rail thickness, but the cross bars are completely incompatible.

Please keep this in mind when choosing your options. I’ll get the correct plate from CHPWS and report if I have any issues with the optic.

Right now the only mounting option I have is the supplied plate to attach on top of a Glock MOS plate. 89580F4C-DF89-42BB-A4EE-5B93FAF445A8.jpegB6E5223D-34C7-4922-9F93-BF280B8036E2.jpegF550DEE8-EE53-4191-8980-6B7794304C1E.jpeg

Chriscanbreach

Established
C&H plate for the CZ is in. It’s a must do option in my opinion vs the two plate method. Sits the optic much deeper in the slide. I’ll post the Glock plate when they show up. B5DC50A5-00BA-4AAB-9DA7-2C71430C6CE8.jpeg4AFF8ABC-F156-4106-AC22-63167923FF95.jpeg98585412-85B4-4F01-BC0E-69C8B7C121BE.jpeg57360DCB-9BD3-4E82-A85D-D65BCB00FA2C.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Damn that looks good. Between the solar backup and the greater number of features along with my experience with the 508T, I’d have to say if I ever wanted an enclosed-emitter pistol optic it’d be the 509T

Chriscanbreach

Established
@rudukai13 I have no issues recommending it.

It checks all the boxes the 508t and 507c do and adds the enclosed emitter.
I’ve never had an issue with my RMR but why wouldn’t I want the benefit of increased protection.

FN GUY

So I was completely mistaken in following the idea of the 509T sharing the mounting footprint of the ACRO.

They are not the same and I can’t see how the two would be compatible.

I’ve had the excellent CHPWS plate holding the ACRO and assumed when the 509T showed up I’d just be able to swap it over.
I was wrong and apologize to anyone who I passed this info on to.

The ACROs cross bar is thinner and sits deeper into the cut than the wider and more shallow 509T cross bar. Both have what appears to be matching rail thickness, but the cross bars are completely incompatible.

Please keep this in mind when choosing your options. I’ll get the correct plate from CHPWS and report if I have any issues with the optic.

Right now the only mounting option I have is the supplied plate to attach on top of a Glock MOS plate. View attachment 6949View attachment 6951View attachment 6952
Do you know of a plate that lets me mount this to a FN 509 tactical. I really wanted to put a closed emitter optic on it and the acro just out of my price range right now

Maynard

Amateur
Do you know of a plate that lets me mount this to a FN 509 tactical. I really wanted to put a closed emitter optic on it and the acro just out of my price range right now

The RMR plates that comes with the FN 509T will work with the Holosun 509T and the plate included with the optic.

The irons are obscured using the factory plates.

Royroy

Amateur
Has anyone had any issues with the clamp screw coming loose? Mine is mounted on a C&H plate and torqued to 20 in/lbs. After a 100 round range trip I noticed my witness marks were no longer lined up. Has anyone had a similar experience?

CHAOS16

Yes. I torqued mine a bit more (25 ft lbs) and put on a dab of blue thread locker. Around 150 rounds it started to walk.