Holosun 509t mounting

Royroy

Amateur
I cleaned the nylon or whatever thread locker Holosun put on there and vibratited the screw. Torqued back to 20. I will update if that fixed it, but it will be a while before I get a decent round count on it. Maybe @Chriscanbreach can let us know if he’s come up with a better solution.

Chriscanbreach

Established
I’m torqued to 20” lbs and have had no issues. I am aware of a few plates on CZ’s that have come loose but once re torqued have held.

Royroy

Amateur
Update. I put a 100 rounds down range today and the screw didn’t move. I did notice when I took it apart that there was a tiny bit of oil behind the clamp from the factory. So word to the wise maybe to take the screw all the way out and clean everything off before you waste time mounting and zeroing. I run Ameriglo 511 on my walther PDP with the C&h and 509t. Same height as the 429 just a different front sight .394 rear and .315 front.

DacoRoman

Hello all! First post, I typically post (rarely) on pistol-forum.com, but I did a googlefu search on "509T mounting" and found this forum! I know P&S from the podcast that I am subscribed for.

Question:
I'm about to send two slides to Agency for AOS plate milling. One will get an RMR plate, and the other a 509T plate.

Regarding iron sight heights, Agency recommends:

- 215F, 245R for RMR Type optics, for a peekaboo picture just clearing the optic
- 250F, 270R for RMR Type optics, for a higher picture, but still lower than suppressor height sights

But, they were not sure what to recommend for the 509T, but said that in order to be on the safe side the 250F, 250R would likely be GTG, but they may end up being a bit higher than I'd like; they recommended further research one my end.

Does anyone have a 509T that is being run on an AOS plate, and can recommend iron sights that are useable for back up use, but sit as low as possible in the optic window?

Or with a "regular" (probably pretty hard to define "regular" as I think only JagerWerks is doing direct milling for this currently?) 509T cut, what iron sights are y'all running for a lower 1/3 type "co-witness"?