Holosun 507C ?

JimH

I'm seeing this sight appear on more and more pistols.
I am thinking about getting one, but am very interested in feedback from users.
Thanks!

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Steve Fisher has been testing them, as well as several others. The overwhelming opinion is that these are legit options. Aaron Cowen also has an excellent video on his YouTube channel about them.

There's also a new 508 version, but other than being titanium rather than aluminum, I'm unaware of any differences.

JimH

Thanks for the post Pat.
That sounds like some pretty heavy verification that the 507c is a legitimate option to the RMR.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Thanks for the post Pat.
That sounds like some pretty heavy verification that the 507c is a legitimate option to the RMR.
The fact that it shares a footprint with the RMR means that if it does die on you too early for your liking, an RMR can be swapped in without needing new machining. Cowan mentioned that as part of his tentative endorsement.

JimH

Well, this project took an unexpected turn for the better. I originally started looking for a 507C to go on a Gen 5 G34 MOS. I really have gotten into the always on red dot sitting on whatever I might pick up, being carry pistol, nightstand pistol, rifle or shotgun.
With the good advice from this post and some other research, I started looking around to get a Holosun. Watched a lot of videos, asked a lot of questions. Reader's Digest version of events, I ended up trading a Colt Defender for a Gen 4 Glock 34 MOS and another 507C, so now I have 2.
g34.jpg
Now to get some range days....

OK-5-0

I had issues with my 507c. I wasn’t sure if it was a battery issue so I replaced it with Duracell one. Same thing was happening. The dot would shut off after or during a string of fire. Or, it began dimming all by itself and would not brighten back up when I would press the + button. Called their customer service and they were very helpful. Sent it in and they said it may be a few weeks before they would either replace it or fix the issue. Still haven’t received the new or fixed optic. I’ll report back when it arrives and I visit the range.