Holosun 507C V2

Stanislao

I, failing to read properly, ordered the new Holosun 507C V2 instead of the well proven original version. While I do welcome the change to a slide out battery tray, I am concerned that this is a new optic and as such may have new issues. A few distressing reports of dead units can be found on YouTube and Amazon, but of course these are not statistical samples nor particularly reputable.

Does anyone have any reputable data on this sight, knowledge of the design changes, or other information regarding how it differs from it's esteemed predecessor?

YetiSam

Amateur
I don't have much in the way of real information, but I purchased one that would shut off if you tapped it pretty hard out of the box. Running the slide doing dryfire would switch it off every few shots. They replaced it (quickly too) and the new one has 900 rounds on it currently. Going to take me a bit to get it up to where I'd be a lot more comfortable. Side battery tray tons better than the weird wrench door thing on the V1 508T (only other Holosun I have experience with).

paxcolt

I have one of the V2's on a Polymer80 G19. I'm at about 500 rounds currently with another 600 or so manual cyclings of the slide; no issues noted so far.

Aaron Cowan just did a review of the V2 on his YouTube channel and had a favorable opinion.

It seems like Holosun has a higher chance of getting a bad unit out of the box, but if you get one that works it will keep working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stanislao

Cowan did a review of the 508Tv2, which I think is the same glass and circuitry in a titanium housing. That review did inspire some confidence, but Cowan does state that he has a sample of one, provided by the manufacturer and he is reviewing a different model.

Anyone have experience with Holosun's customer support should I get a dead unit?

Crash-7

Cowan did a review of the 508Tv2, which I think is the same glass and circuitry in a titanium housing. That review did inspire some confidence, but Cowan does state that he has a sample of one, provided by the manufacturer and he is reviewing a different model.

Anyone have experience with Holosun's customer support should I get a dead unit?

My agency has had only two Holosun's go down in the time we've had them on guns. Both were 507c's.

One was circuitry based.
The other was an academy recruit who fumbled his draw and managed drop the gun directly on the optic, in a very Cowan-esque drop test. It cracked the glass.

In both cases, Holosun was extremely prompt in sending out a replacement optic.

In the first failure, they sent out a new 507c to the officer and once received, he sent the dead optic back. They then fixed it and returned the dead optic, with instructions to keep both. That officer now has two optics.

In the case of the cracked optic, they sent that officer a v2 replacement for his cracked optic. In both cases, Holosun sent the optic based on a phone call, not receipt of the damaged optic. They were very prompt and very easy to deal with.

Buy with confidence that you're getting a good optic, and if, by small chance, you have an issue, they will make it right.

DerekS

Stanislao I have one, I think the battery life with shake awake and the solar power is like 5+ years. I have had mine for about 8-9 months and have 1K+ rounds through the firearm it is on. I leave it on all the time 24X7 and it i have never changed the battery so far. Mine is green. I use the dot and circle reticle. They are great optics. I bought mine based on people i know who have them and love them.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
My agency has had only two Holosun's go down in the time we've had them on guns. Both were 507c's.

One was circuitry based.
The other was an academy recruit who fumbled his draw and managed drop the gun directly on the optic, in a very Cowan-esque drop test. It cracked the glass.

In both cases, Holosun was extremely prompt in sending out a replacement optic.

In the first failure, they sent out a new 507c to the officer and once received, he sent the dead optic back. They then fixed it and returned the dead optic, with instructions to keep both. That officer now has two optics.

In the case of the cracked optic, they sent that officer a v2 replacement for his cracked optic. In both cases, Holosun sent the optic based on a phone call, not receipt of the damaged optic. They were very prompt and very easy to deal with.

Buy with confidence that you're getting a good optic, and if, by small chance, you have an issue, they will make it right.

That’s some damn good customer service