Hodge Defense Systems.

pointblank4445

Established
...and they're out. Pretty sure OPD Source is going to release theirs on the 3rd per their IG page.

18oz with 6061 with a titanium barrel nut... Jim wasn't kidding that it's a brick shithouse.

If any of you guys that gets one wants to weigh your barrel nut (seems they use the same as the Wedge Lock), I would appreciate it.

WildMoosen

Just opened up the mail and saw the p-lock rail was delivered! Here it is compared to a Daniel defense MFR XS 13.5.
7089dec35b0234415c5e37f0bf87b79e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WildMoosen

I know Hodge rifles use a 9310 bolt, but is there a recommended bolt/bcg pair if I'm building up from parts? Or does anyone know where Jim Hodge gets his bolts?

If I'm spending all the time waiting for parts to come on sale I want to at least get the right bolt and bcg.

pointblank4445

Established
I know Hodge rifles use a 9310 bolt, but is there a recommended bolt/bcg pair if I'm building up from parts? Or does anyone know where Jim Hodge gets his bolts?

If I'm spending all the time waiting for parts to come on sale I want to at least get the right bolt and bcg.

I don't know for sure but mine reminds me a lot of an ALG bcg I had seen. Not sure where those are sourced either though. Both are 9310 bolts.

pointblank4445

Established
Heads up for anybody that bought a Pinch Lock rail...

If your kit is missing the anti-rotation dowel pin (like mine was), it's a 1/8" diameter pin. 1/2" length seems to be about the right length to interface with a Hodge/MEGA/Zev upper.

I have extra 316 Stainless pins if anybody needs some.

WildMoosen

This is a bit of a silly question because I know there's not really a difference between gas tubes and dust covers, but does anyone know which ones are used on a Hodge upper? I'm trying to build a complete upper and lower from Hodge parts.

pointblank4445

Established
This is a bit of a silly question because I know there's not really a difference between gas tubes and dust covers, but does anyone know which ones are used on a Hodge upper? I'm trying to build a complete upper and lower from Hodge parts.

Dust covers don't appear to be anything special nor the gas tube. The one idiosyncratic piece of advice I can give is that the legit Hodge built Mod 1 I've seen had a ejection port cover pin that had a knurled end that had to be added before the barrel nut/rail was assembled. Brownells has one very similar to this and it works just fine. I will say that the stripped Hodge upper that I assembled with a Hodge wedge lock rail didn't play well with a milspec Colt ejection port cover pin. I had to remove a few thousandths off the end so it wouldn't contact the rail.

I'd either go the V-Seven titanium or source on of the HK polymer dark earth dust covers and go full-on Gray/FDE

Valk

Any ideas who made the pin sets on the AU MOD1/MOD2? Based on the description of having the dimpled ends and .030" extended length, I'm assuming they're an older Battle Arms Development design, but I haven't seen any pins from them that match the head profile of those used on complete Hodge rifles.

WildMoosen

I have a Mod 1 Lower Parts Component Kit and that has extended dimpled take down pins, but my complete Mod 1 just has standard pins. Not sure who makes them, but the dimple is larger than the ones on a Griffin or ADM pin set. Sorry for the potato quality picture, but a photographer I am not.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 42

patriot_man

Any ideas who made the pin sets on the AU MOD1/MOD2? Based on the description of having the dimpled ends and .030" extended length, I'm assuming they're an older Battle Arms Development design, but I haven't seen any pins from them that match the head profile of those used on complete Hodge rifles.

I believe they are the CMMG extended pins. Sounds like Jim and Jordan are buddies from one of the Modcasts and we know that Jordan worked at CMMG at some point so I put two and two together.

Ordered them before and they looks to be correct.

JBowles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I believe they are the CMMG extended pins. Sounds like Jim and Jordan are buddies from one of the Modcasts and we know that Jordan worked at CMMG at some point so I put two and two together.

Ordered them before and they looks to be correct.

You are correct, I did up those pins while at CMMG for Jim, CMMG soon adopted them as there standard takedown and pivot pin.

B The Jedi

I apologize in advance, I'm a Hodge noob...Are there any end user differences in the wedge lock and the pinch lock rails? Have the chance to grab a pinch lock in grey

pointblank4445

Established
I apologize in advance, I'm a Hodge noob...Are there any end user differences in the wedge lock and the pinch lock rails? Have the chance to grab a pinch lock in grey

Both are rock-solid and great rails.
Pinch Lock is beefier, a little heavier profile and easier to mount accessories around the gas block.
Wedge Lock is sleeker, lighter, smaller diameter tube and depending on your gas setup, may not let you mount on the MLOK near the gas block if that's an issue.

B The Jedi

Both are rock-solid and great rails.
Pinch Lock is beefier, a little heavier profile and easier to mount accessories around the gas block.
Wedge Lock is sleeker, lighter, smaller diameter tube and depending on your gas setup, may not let you mount on the MLOK near the gas block if that's an issue.
Awesome, thank you

Warno: Dury’s has one (1) hodge mod 1 in stock as of this morning. Did not really know where else to post this, but if any of you want a full rifle they’ve got one!

ffemt11b

I have a Hodge Barrel, would there be any issues putting it on a different brand of Upper? I've been looking for a Hodge stripped upper, but no luck.