Hodge Defense Systems.

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Barrels in stock at OPT. Last I checked they at 6 of the 14.5s in. But I bought another one so make that 5. Should be 12.5s there too.

Rick

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Does anyone know when the Hodge Wedge Lock rails and stripped uppers are going to be coming back in stock?

Are you looking for a standard aluminum upper? They are available (along with the rails) pretty regularly through the standard sources (ODS, OPT, WO). I haven't ever seen the AlLi uppers for sale individually. Jim did recently get the materials in for more AlLi lowers which should be out relatively soon. I didn't ask about uppers.

Rick

user12358

Are you looking for a standard aluminum upper?

Yeah, I'm mainly looking for the standard aluminum upper and a 11.5" Wedge Lock. I'm signed up for notifications at the 3 places you mentioned but I recently got the Form 1 back on the Radian lower I'm going to be using for the build and the 12.5" Hodge barrel is on its way so I'm looking to get this build moving. It's good to know that they are available fairly regularly.

patriot_man

Yeah, I'm mainly looking for the standard aluminum upper and a 11.5" Wedge Lock. I'm signed up for notifications at the 3 places you mentioned but I recently got the Form 1 back on the Radian lower I'm going to be using for the build and the 12.5" Hodge barrel is on its way so I'm looking to get this build moving. It's good to know that they are available fairly regularly.

I heard they're coming back in stock relatively soon. Just keep an eye out I guess

patriot_man

For those with Hodge barrels, what buffer weight do you guys use both suppressed and unsuppressed?

Toying with the idea of an A5 with LMT Enhanced carrier combined with the Hodge barrel but don't want to be setting myself up for short stroking.

pointblank4445

Established
For those with Hodge barrels, what buffer weight do you guys use both suppressed and unsuppressed?

Toying with the idea of an A5 with LMT Enhanced carrier combined with the Hodge barrel but don't want to be setting myself up for short stroking.

I'm not running the LMT carrier, but I have the A5H2/springco Green as my buffer system for my 14.5". I was concerned that it felt curiously light as far as recoil, but I've tried the unshouldered "shoot it like a pistol" and limp wrist it at full extension test with my weakest .223 (unsuppressed) and it still cycles fine in normal lube/dirty range conditions. However, I'm not running a can.

Looking to purchase a HDS Mod 2 but seems very difficult to find availability. I have found a Mod 1 16”. Question weather I should buy what is available or will the Mod 2 version become more readily available soon?? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!