Hodge Defense Systems.

...and they're out. Pretty sure OPD Source is going to release theirs on the 3rd per their IG page.

18oz with 6061 with a titanium barrel nut... Jim wasn't kidding that it's a brick shithouse.

If any of you guys that gets one wants to weigh your barrel nut (seems they use the same as the Wedge Lock), I would appreciate it.

Just opened up the mail and saw the p-lock rail was delivered! Here it is compared to a Daniel defense MFR XS 13.5.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I know Hodge rifles use a 9310 bolt, but is there a recommended bolt/bcg pair if I'm building up from parts? Or does anyone know where Jim Hodge gets his bolts?

If I'm spending all the time waiting for parts to come on sale I want to at least get the right bolt and bcg.

I know Hodge rifles use a 9310 bolt, but is there a recommended bolt/bcg pair if I'm building up from parts? Or does anyone know where Jim Hodge gets his bolts?

If I'm spending all the time waiting for parts to come on sale I want to at least get the right bolt and bcg.

I don't know for sure but mine reminds me a lot of an ALG bcg I had seen. Not sure where those are sourced either though. Both are 9310 bolts.

Heads up for anybody that bought a Pinch Lock rail...

If your kit is missing the anti-rotation dowel pin (like mine was), it's a 1/8" diameter pin. 1/2" length seems to be about the right length to interface with a Hodge/MEGA/Zev upper.

I have extra 316 Stainless pins if anybody needs some.

This is a bit of a silly question because I know there's not really a difference between gas tubes and dust covers, but does anyone know which ones are used on a Hodge upper? I'm trying to build a complete upper and lower from Hodge parts.

This is a bit of a silly question because I know there's not really a difference between gas tubes and dust covers, but does anyone know which ones are used on a Hodge upper? I'm trying to build a complete upper and lower from Hodge parts.
Dust covers don't appear to be anything special nor the gas tube. The one idiosyncratic piece of advice I can give is that the legit Hodge built Mod 1 I've seen had a ejection port cover pin that had a knurled end that had to be added before the barrel nut/rail was assembled. Brownells has one very similar to this and it works just fine. I will say that the stripped Hodge upper that I assembled with a Hodge wedge lock rail didn't play well with a milspec Colt ejection port cover pin. I had to remove a few thousandths off the end so it wouldn't contact the rail.

I'd either go the V-Seven titanium or source on of the HK polymer dark earth dust covers and go full-on Gray/FDE