Hodge Defense Systems.

BooneGA

WARLORD
Network Support IV
I was able to get my hands on a 12.5" mod 2 upper, but now that I've got it I think I'd rather have a 14.5" or 16". I haven't shot it yet, though, as I haven't finished building my pistol lower. Anyone shot 12.5 and compared it to a 14.5?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I have both. I prefer the 12.5 as I run suppressed for 99% of the time. The 12.5 w/ a Surefire RC2 is nearly identical in length to the 14.5. If I had to pick one it would be the 12.5 as it is still significantly shorter and handier with or without the can. I'm not shooting any extended ranges (past 400m) with either rifle so the added velocity isn't required.

That does change if you are discussing a pinned and welded 14.5 w/ an actual stock, as even with the SBA-3 I don't like pistol set ups as much as a real rifle stock.

Rick

I plan on running either one as a suppressed pistol and I actually have a 14.5" Hodge barrel in my parts bin that will hopefully find a way into an upper soon.

I'll be using a Crux Saxon as the suppressor, and that is 7.5" long (I think it adds 5 inches).

I was able to get my hands on a 12.5" mod 2 upper, but now that I've got it I think I'd rather have a 14.5" or 16". I haven't shot it yet, though, as I haven't finished building my pistol lower. Anyone shot 12.5 and compared it to a 14.5?

Let me know if you decide to get rid of the 12.5 upper. With that being said I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I have both. I prefer the 12.5 as I run suppressed for 99% of the time. The 12.5 w/ a Surefire RC2 is nearly identical in length to the 14.5. If I had to pick one it would be the 12.5 as it is still significantly shorter and handier with or without the can. I'm not shooting any extended ranges (past 400m) with either rifle so the added velocity isn't required.

That does change if you are discussing a pinned and welded 14.5 w/ an actual stock, as even with the SBA-3 I don't like pistol set ups as much as a real rifle stock.

Rick
Would you mind posting some pics of both, how you have them setup?

Phil Combs

Jerk Ingredients Off

Rick
Would you mind posting some pics of both, how you have them setup?
I would check the show off thread. Its lengthy but tons of setup pics for ideas to play around with. Then discussions on setup as well as modcasts and fb for reasons and more ideas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would check the show off thread. Its lengthy but tons of setup pics for ideas to play around with. Then discussions on setup as well as modcasts and fb for reasons and more ideas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Very new to P&S Forum so forgive for this question but what is the "show off thread"? Couldn't find it in the search box.

If you don’t want your 12.5” upper I will gladly trade you my 14.5” BCM LW build for it haha