Hodge Defense Systems.

Default.mp3

Established
In addition to what has been said above, another difference is the material. It uses Aluminium-lithium which is what's used on the MOD 2 receivers. In an nutshell it's both lighter and stronger than the mega counter part.
The Hodge WedgeLocks do not utilize 2099, but instead still uses 7075, like the Mega WedgeLocks. The change from the original spec was allegedly due to cost concerns.

Beyond the differing lengths, note that the Hodge handguards only have a single M-LOK slot at the 1030 and 0130, as opposed to the Mega having two M-LOK slots, which I personally think the Mega way is better, as the single slot makes it difficult to use some of the common in-line WML mounts, due to cantilevering issues; the Mega is also available in KeyMod.

Gambit Zeta

The Hodge WedgeLocks do not utilize 2099, but instead still uses 7075, like the Mega WedgeLocks. The change from the original spec was allegedly due to cost concerns.

Beyond the differing lengths, note that the Hodge handguards only have a single M-LOK slot at the 1030 and 0130, as opposed to the Mega having two M-LOK slots, which I personally think the Mega way is better, as the single slot makes it difficult to use some of the common in-line WML mounts, due to cantilevering issues; the Mega is also available in KeyMod.

Ouch, looks like I was misinformed. Thanks for the information.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Is there any chances of more 11.5" rails becoming available in the near future?

Looking for a good rail for a 12.5" barreled upper that'll eventually be run suppressed. Geissele is my usual go to, but the sizes just aren't there, same with BCM when they release their M-Lok Rail. The Mega version looks like it'll be too long to use on a 12.5" barrel with a suppressor. The Hodge rail looks absolutely perfect.

WeaponOutfitters

Amateur
Vendor
Is there any chances of more 11.5" rails becoming available in the near future?

Looking for a good rail for a 12.5" barreled upper that'll eventually be run suppressed. Geissele is my usual go to, but the sizes just aren't there, same with BCM when they release their M-Lok Rail. The Mega version looks like it'll be too long to use on a 12.5" barrel with a suppressor. The Hodge rail looks absolutely perfect.

Yessir, the 11.5" rails should be available any day now! They really are the best darn rail out there for 12.5" barrels IMHO

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Question about the 10.75” rail.

If used on an 11.5” barrel, will there be sufficient room to mount a Saker via the SiCo ASR Flash Hider?

BC98

Question about the 10.75” rail.

If used on an 11.5” barrel, will there be sufficient room to mount a Saker via the SiCo ASR Flash Hider?

I'm not sure if you received an answer on this yet. While it's not an apples to apples comparison, if the Hodge rails measure similarly to a KAC URX 10.75" rail, then there will be sufficient room for the ASR mount. I have an 11.5" barrel with the above-mentioned URX rail and my Omega with ASR mount fits with no issues.

ggammell

I'm not sure if you received an answer on this yet. While it's not an apples to apples comparison, if the Hodge rails measure similarly to a KAC URX 10.75" rail, then there will be sufficient room for the ASR mount. I have an 11.5" barrel with the above-mentioned URX rail and my Omega with ASR mount fits with no issues.

Thanks. I hadn't heard back.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
To my knowledge, the shortest Hodge rail is 11.5." I just measured mine, and it measures a true 11.5," which would put the muzzle right at the edge of the rail. I don't know of any suppressor that mounts that far forward of the muzzle, and the rail is too slim to fit a can inside of it.

Mega's versions come in 9" and 12," and I'm assuming they are also running true to those measurements. Either way, there's not a 10.75" variant.

ggammell

To my knowledge, the shortest Hodge rail is 11.5." I just measured mine, and it measures a true 11.5," which would put the muzzle right at the edge of the rail. I don't know of any suppressor that mounts that far forward of the muzzle, and the rail is too slim to fit a can inside of it.

Mega's versions come in 9" and 12," and I'm assuming they are also running true to those measurements. Either way, there's not a 10.75" variant.

OpTactical is listing a 10.75" in stock.

The more I think about it, the less and less this rail seems to fit my needs. The price difference between it and an MCMR weighed against my needs doesn't match up.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
OpTactical is listing a 10.75" in stock.

The more I think about it, the less and less this rail seems to fit my needs. The price difference between it and an MCMR weighed against my needs doesn't match up.

I just looked and you're right. I'd say that the 10.75" measurement is spot on. 3/4 of an inch MIGHT be enough. The difference I could see is that with the URX rail, there's just enough room inside of it to fit a 1.5" diameter can. The Hodge rail is much slimmer, though. If a true 10.75" length works for you, I can't recommend the rail enough. I had been all about Geissele rails, but I think this one may have won me over.

BC98

I just looked and you're right. I'd say that the 10.75" measurement is spot on. 3/4 of an inch MIGHT be enough. The difference I could see is that with the URX rail, there's just enough room inside of it to fit a 1.5" diameter can. The Hodge rail is much slimmer, though. If a true 10.75" length works for you, I can't recommend the rail enough. I had been all about Geissele rails, but I think this one may have won me over.

My rail is a URX 3.1 and could not fit a can inside of it. The Omega fits outside of the rail. I think most other cans should fit outside of the rail, as well.

pointblank4445

Established
7CDAB4F2-DFCD-49A4-A4D1-498305F6EC9F.jpeg

(From SSD on 1/10/18)

Can we get the skinny on the "PLock" pinch rail, and is that a Carbon fiber wrapped barrel I see?

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Looks a little bulkier than the wedgelock. Due to the resolution, I can't tell about the barrel, but it does kinda look that way.
Wouldn't suprise me if it was just the lighting conditions and resolution, though

pointblank4445

Established
Yep, if you just follow the lines of the upper receiver, it's a taller rail top-to-bottom than a wedgelock...no doubt. The gun shown above also appears to be a Mod 1 upper/lower receiver set. We also know that in the FN15 series, the newer tan model that features this rail is less-expensive than the TacII rifle that features the Wedgelock rail despite sporting similar features and being tan. Perhaps its a 7076 T6 option that's meant to be the option that's less expensive to produce than a wedgelock, but a step up from a Geissele?

K.O.A.M.

Amateur
For those of us who've been buying parts here and there, is there a source for BCG's and the forward assist?

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
For those of us who've been buying parts here and there, is there a source for BCG's and the forward assist?
No source for bcg's themselves that I've seen. They do come with complete uppers.

Forward assist is just a standard teardrop. Prob get it thru brownells.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk