HK UMP?

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Anyone have (operational/duty) time with the UMP? I converted a USC to a little 8" UMP9, and am currently trying to figure out how you run a light on it without interfering with my charging handle. Any suggestions/tips/warnings for the UMP?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weaver1032

We've got them at my agency. Having said that, other than a fam fire on them, I don't bother with it and stick to an M4.

Nearly all the guys running them are running a pistol light on the 9 o'clock rail and and a VFG at 12 o'clock. Not saying its right, just what is the most common method for our guys.

jlw

Amateur
We have some in .45ACP. They have rails on them, and I ran a Surefire pistol light on the one that I had.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
25243e5a08640e135ba7f2d6ea52e55e.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first MLOK UMP in the world. ;)

- Jake

MrMurphy

We have two guys in our agency using .45 UMPs (optional, most of the time they use ARs). Both stated up to 75m or so they're ok with them, but they still vastly prefer M4s (both prior military and combat veterans).

One runs an X300 on a side rail, have not seen the other outside the bag. Still trying to get some trigger time on one just out of curiousity...

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
...your dog seriously looks like he's pondering trying to eat the UMP.

He probably is. This is the first dog I've owned that had to be crated...I made that mistake once and came home to cedar chips everywhere. It took me 2 hours to figure out he'd removed my shoe trees from my dress loafers and shredded them (just the trees).

- Jake

adam_s

He probably is. This is the first dog I've owned that had to be crated...I made that mistake once and came home to cedar chips everywhere. It took me 2 hours to figure out he'd removed my shoe trees from my dress loafers and shredded them (just the trees).
- Jake

At least he has good taste, right?
*ahem* Sorry, that was bad, even for me.

That being said, having seen the progress of your UMP/USC project, it's pretty amazing how far it's come. I need to make it up there to wring it out sometime again.

Sigma05

Amateur
I run my light at the 9 but on a Thorntail so the light is out of the way of the charging handle. My VFG sits as far forward as possible so I can activate the light with my thumb.