Forum Support I
Welcome to your home for the best firearms and personal defense training in Bryan/College Station, Texas!High Standard Tactical’s mission is to provide high-quality training in the critical skills of safe and proficient use of firearms and other tools of self-defense. Our training curriculum is built on a foundation of evidence-based practice, lessons learned, and current industry trends. The Instructor Cadre of High Standard Tactical are all trained professionals standing on the shoulders of the giants. Unlike some infamous “instructors,” our courses teach proven strategies which consistently yield real results in real-world practice - no made-up gun-fu nonsense.
A heritage of warriors and armed professionals centuries long stands behind us as we ride the front edge of the wave, teaching only the cutting edge of combat skills to all of our students.
Though some class dates may occasionally be restricted to Law Enforcement or Military personnel, none of our content is exclusively taught to the agents of the state. We believe every free citizen in society is entitled to the fullest measure of skills and equipment useful in the safe, legal, moral, and prudent defense of life, liberty, and property.
Proficiency is paramount, standards measure proficiency, and High Standards mean survival.
-Daniel Martin, Owner, Chief Instructor
"Daniel is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps infantry with prior experience competing in Steel Challenge, Scholastic Steel Challenge, and local USPSA matches. Daniel’s CV also includes the following certifications, courses attended, and experiences:
- Secondary MOS - 0933 Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC
- Graduate - Raid Leader’s Course (1st Special Operations Training Group, USMC, Camp Pendleton)
- Basic Pistol Instructor; Basic Shotgun Instructor; Chief Range Safety Officer (National Rifle Association)
- Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor (Tom Givens, Rangemaster, LLC)
- 2-day MRDS Course (Scott “Jedi” Jedlinski, Modern Samurai Project)
- Advanced Handgun; Personal Tactics/OC (Karl Rehn, KR Training)
- Kinetic Combat Pistol (Dave Spaulding, Handgun Combatives)
- AIWB and Handgun Fundamentals (Spencer Keeper, Keepers Concealment)
- Pistol Shooting Solutions (Gabe White, Gabe White Training) - Light Pin Awardee
- Shooter Symposium 2020 -
- Advanced Covert Carry Concepts (Michael Green, Green Ops)
- License to Carry Instructor, Texas Department of Public Safety - 100/100/100 Course Grad
- OC Spray Instructor, Fox Labs International
- OC Spray for Personal Defense Instructor, Texas A&M University Engineering Extension (TEEX) Law Enforcement Division
- Nationally Registered EMT-Basic
- Basic Life Support Instructor, American Heart Association
- “Stop the Bleed” Instructor, American College of Surgeons
- Basic Life Support Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider; American Heart Association
- Emergency Pediatric Care Provider, Advanced Medical Life Support Provider, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Provider; National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
Courses and Services offered:
- Hybrid Texas License to Carry
- Basic Pistol + License to Carry
- Handgun Skills for Self Defense
- Introduction to the AR-15 Rifle
- Private Lessons Available