Henry Holsters AIWB Light Bearing Holster & Magazine Pouch

David Mayeur

The new hotness from Henry Holsters showed up the other day. If you haven’t heard of them, you should look them up, but you may have seen his work done through the extremely popular PHLster Spotlight and Floodlight. The holster shown is one of Henry Holsters' new production AIWB light bearing holsters for a Glock 19/17/34/23/22/35 with a Surefire X300U. The original holster was soft loops only, similar to the Spotlight, but the new production holsters now allow for overhooks, griphooks, or discreet carry concepts clips (as shown). Fit is as good as it gets and retention is solid. I added a set of Mod 4 Discreet Carry Concepts clips and gave it a spin.

The holster itself has a few features that led me to it. For one, it is extremely compact for its size. The holster body hugs the pistol tightly and the blocking for soft loops and clip attachments is very minimal. The clip blocking is slotted to add more adjustment to your hardware. This is especially useful with the Discreet Carry clips that only have two mounting holes, unlike Raven Concealment Overhooks that have three.

As for the magazine pouch, it is the first OWB pouch that I've used that actually concealed well. It hugs close to the body and provides adequate retention to keep your magazine from flopping out even when jumping about. It is a great option for times when my DSG Koala can't be carried.

40337352183_7fee3f9e14_c.jpg
47249646072_da260dda0d_c.jpg
40337352033_87d1905b45_c.jpg
47249647552_c47f791538_c.jpg
47249644232_eb2308967a_c.jpg

David Mayeur

Is that on their website? I want it with the clipz

If you order the AIWB Light Bearing holster for a TLR-1 HL or X300 it will be updated with the clip mounting locations. I don't think the photos are updated yet on the website. If you use code OVERHOOK, you will get $15 off your order and a free set of Griphooks.

I should also add, the holster does not come with Discreet Carry Concepts Clips. You must purchase those separately from Discreet Carry Concepts.

chrisp2493

Amateur
Thanks for this review, I’ve been searching for a appendix holster that will use the DCC clips. Are these clips tuckable? My main complaint with my PHLster spotlight is the lack of options for a tuck in shirt

David Mayeur

Thanks for this review, I’ve been searching for a appendix holster that will use the DCC clips. Are these clips tuckable? My main complaint with my PHLster spotlight is the lack of options for a tuck in shirt

They are tuckable. Discreet Carry Concepts actually makes a few different clips. While they are all tuckable, there are a few clips that are designed to be used behind the belt and clip to your pants. @Helios has some I believe.