Help with Drug Calculations

Tengu Joker

I am currently in firefighter/paramedic school and we are going over four step drug calculations and it just is not clicking with me yet. Can anyone here give me pointers, advice,tips, easier methods???

Tengu Joker

They are using this 4 step method where every part of the process is seperate then you combine it all at the end. It's hard to explain...

TomF

That isn't very descriptive. We can't provide answers if we don't know the question.

I've attached a PDF with examples of the three main formulas I learned/use. This is not the easiest to explain over text so if it isn't clicking let me know and I can try to help over the phone.

Attachments

• Med Math Examples.pdf
    71.9 KB · Views: 20

Tengu Joker

The instructors were making is write out the complete process for each problem. They explained today what they were trying to do and realized most of the class was confused. I understanding the process better now, soory for the confusion...

Max D

Corvus Training Group
I commonly use the "refer to chart" method for calculating drip rates. Since we must infuse through a pump, the little laminated drip-rate chart is attached to the side and always available. Convenient: Yes. Right answer: No. Reliable: Yes. Accurate: 99%