Help me pick a SiCo rifle can

JRLym

I've done a large portion of the testing on the development of the anchor brake, and here is what I know. It reduces up 3db against the same can and host without it. I get that you can't see how it works, but the good news is I can't either, I just have test data that says it does. You'll be very pleased with it, and if you aren't, get a flat front cap and have one of the quietest 30 cal cans on the market.

I have a saker 5.56, a saker k 5.56 and a saker 7.62. It really depends on what your needs are. I'll give you my perspective. The 5.56 is I think 5 oz heavier and 1 in longer than the k model. In my opinion the k model on an 11.5 would be marginally hearing safe-def better than bare muzzle. I have the most rounds through the standard 5.56 model. I've had it since it came out around 2013. It's held up pretty well other than finish fade scratches and a couple dents. I too have had it get carbon locked on the trifecta mount. It happened more when it was new. I haven't had it happen in quite a while. it requires cleaning the mating surface every now and then. I personally would recommend the k model or the specwar 5.56 k. With the specwar, the ASR mount has a weak point with the roll pin that holds the locking collar in place tends to fall out from what I've seen. What I do when it gets carbon locked is bang it a couple good times on a wooden bench, post, or table. That usually does the trick. I have pretty much zero impact shift. I don't notice it anyway. I would go with trifecta mount.

I've bought a couple things from Capitol armory. Yeah they're awesome.

JRLym

In reference to you ASR collar, the roll pin has been replaced with a screw. Some cans had problems, some did not, but the screw allowed for it to be more permanent

I have a saker 5.56, a saker k 5.56 and a saker 7.62. It really depends on what your needs are. I'll give you my perspective. The 5.56 is I think 5 oz heavier and 1 in longer than the k model. In my opinion the k model on an 11.5 would be marginally hearing safe-def better than bare muzzle. I have the most rounds through the standard 5.56 model. I've had it since it came out around 2013. It's held up pretty well other than finish fade scratches and a couple dents. I too have had it get carbon locked on the trifecta mount. It happened more when it was new. I haven't had it happen in quite a while. it requires cleaning the mating surface every now and then. I personally would recommend the k model or the specwar 5.56 k. With the specwar, the ASR mount has a weak point with the roll pin that holds the locking collar in place tends to fall out from what I've seen. What I do when it gets carbon locked is bang it a couple good times on a wooden bench, post, or table. That usually does the trick. I have pretty much zero impact shift. I don't notice it anyway. I would go with trifecta mount.

I've bought a couple things from Capitol armory. Yeah they're awesome.

Oh cool. I wouldn't discourage any one from getting a specwar because of that regardless. Glad to hear. Thinking about springing for a specwar k before 41p sets in.

tact

I've never had any problems with an ASR mount. I have 2 ASRs one on a Saker762 and one on a Specwar. However, my other Saker uses the trifecta and it was defective, but they immediately sent me a new one.

JM1014

In reference to you ASR collar, the roll pin has been replaced with a screw. Some cans had problems, some did not, but the screw allowed for it to be more permanent

I know this is a month old, but wanna make sure it's taken care of.

It will be upgraded to the set screw for free. Feel free to email info@silencerco.com and ask about getting upgraded to the set screw, and we will make sure you get taken care of! :)

Arioch

Amateur
Can I get a quick sanity check? I'm building a 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun, 22" barrel, I'm thinking about getting an Omega in the near future for it (roughly planning on purchasing it in February 2022). I figure for such a long barrel it makes sense to go with the lighter option, but this is my first venture into NFA stuff so I figured it'd be better to ask before I put any money down.