hard case

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator

Sean Poppert
May 26 at 2:11pm

Looking to buy a hard case for my 700. Leaning toward pelican of course, but wondering if you had any suggestions on other cases or know where I can get the best deal on one.

Unlike · Comment

jryock

Amateur
I have a Pelican 1750 that works great for my SIG716 with supressor, scope, bipod, mags, and a few other accessories all in the same case. You could easily do that with a 700 or even put two rifles in it.

I'm running a 1720 case for my AR's and 16" barrel bolt gun (not all at once). I recently picked up a First Spear carbine-length arms case to go inside of it, and it fits pretty well, with a little room to spare at the end which can be stuffed with ammo, etc.

I use Pelican cases extensively at work for very expensive optics and equipment, and can't recommend them highly enough. I've had a few sets with custom cut foam for motion picture lenses, and they've held up well to countless downpours and abuse here in the PNW.

If you're able to afford it, Pelican is the way to go.

For what it's worth, B&H Photo out of NY offers free shipping on a lot of their Pelican cases. I've dealt with them many times over the years. Amazon seems to be another good resource as well.

I've actually had a lot of luck finding Pelican cases on craigslist- long gun cases aren't too common, but I see one or two every couple of months.

mattexass

Amateur
Have both the seahorse and pelican. Doing it over again I would buy which ever one I could get a better deal on. I was weary of the latching system on the seahorse at first but it has withstood numerous moves and travels where other property has not.