Hanger / Dangler Med Kit

hooahmedic

Howdy y'all!
I'm back in uniform full time and doing more medical for my little agency. Been out of the business full time for several years and I"m looking for options. I'm looking for options for a hanger / dangler / abdominal med kit for my plate carrier. I'm searching for one that has velcro so I can rip it off and open it up. I'm looking for a bit bigger kit than just a IFAK size.
Right now I have a CTOMS First Line Pouch that Whiskey Delta Gulf passed on to me years ago, its a great pouch but a bit big. I've done a brief search here but nothing fits. I saw the EGL FBI pouch and its too small.

Thanks ahead!

PM07

Staff member
What about CSM or Emdom fanny pack? Emdom has a expandable hanger pouch also. They come in a little bit larger sizes.

HighTower

I know it is not a dangler persay but the NAR CCRK is a fanny pack medical kit that has a ton of space but could be reduced.

Belt is tight enough not ti sluee around but liise enough to move if you are jn an akward position providing medical care.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Look at the hanger options from Direct Action Gear and First Spear. Both offer the velcro attachments similar to the way say the Spiritus product attaches but have a laser cut molle field where you can attach the pouch of your choice. The nice part is if the pouch of your choice changes you can swap it out without extra expense. The Direct Action Gear product is like $20

dont_tread_on_me

Running a Ferro Dangler in this capacity, however, it isn’t readily removed. Otherwise I’ve been pleased with its placement. No need to use the contents yet.

I also run the Dangler with a NAR M-FAK turned inside out. This way I can pull the M-FAK out and work off/out of it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 51
I just recently, as in the last week, started running a Spiritus Sack with a NAR Public Access Bleeding Control Kit (Advanced BCD Version) stuffed inside of it and an extra CAT on the bottom straps. This gives me:
- 2x CAT's
- 1 6" Responder ETD
- 1 Responder Compressed Gauze
- 1 Bleeding Control Dressing
- 1 Twin Hyfin Vent
- 1 Shears
- 1 Sharpie
- Mylar Blanket
- 2 pairs of Nitrile Gloves

I went this route because it doesn't require me to have my armor on, I can run it over my range belt without interfering with anything, I can remove and toss it to someone if needed. The danglers also hit where I have my magazines on my belt (right up against my buckle). So far I'm liking this setup.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Look at the Blue force Gear Dapper elastic loop organizers for attaching inside the dangler. The most economical Velcro organizers at the moment. I love Spiritus but they are robbing you charging what they do for elastic loop stitched to a Velcro hook backer.