Handheld IR illuminator

Cheeseman

Amateur
So I'm researching handheld IR illuminator options for my team. We will be putting a request together for our night vision program and this is an area I'm looking for recommendations in. To be honest the only option I really know of is the TNVC Torch Pro. I prefer a dedicated IR light and not one of the Surefire vampire models.

Are there any other quality illuminators out there that are worth considering for a team purchase? Use would be in a swat team environment in a Metro city that does most of its work in the city, but has a large amount of suburban areas.

Cheeseman

Amateur
Yea I thought I remember him sayng the one he was using wasn't on the market yet, and I'm having a hard time finding the SF M1 anywhere. I actually just got off the phone with him so I *may* have an answer, but any other replies are welcome.

To clarify, I am Not against running a SF vampire light, but if there is a good dedicated option I'd like to at least consider it.

Bill Blowers

Sausage Six Actual
VIP
Streamlight makes some hand held IR only lights that do a decent job for a decent price. I have one of the TL-2 handhelds and it's sufficient for a low use light.

I don't think surefire makes their IR only lights anymore?

Cheeseman

Amateur
Yea i couldn't find anywhere that carries the M1, which had been recommended. I'll check out streamlight and see what they have to offer. Thanks.

Longeye

Established
There are still a few Surefire M1 illuminators on Amazon. But Surefire did stop making them, so snap them up while you can. You see them on Ebay from time to time as well. They are awesome little IR lights.