Ham radio HF net?

JimH

Thinking about pulling the radios out this month or next and working a little HF.
Did not know if any other P&S Ham members might be interested in working HF phone net?
Thanks,
Jim

ProfDecoy

Amateur
It'd be interesting to see how many other hams there are. However, I haven't done anything with HF since I upgraded to General several years ago, and the only radio I have that comes close was my FT-8900 that was in my truck, but has been sitting in my garage since I sold said truck as I never figured out how I wanted to install it in my Jeep.

John_ACT

Any interest in a vhf/uhf relay? Tech class operators are mostly limited to vhf/uhf which we all know is limited in range, usually. I'd be interested in seeing how far we can relay messages, 2m simplex.

Clay1

Extra class in Wisconsin, not active at all these but should light up the shack once in a while.

JimH

Looks like there might be some new interest in this, so how does a Saturday or Sunday morning sound?

Clay1

The beam is very directional with great side rejection and the rotor is locked in position until I can fix it. Cushcraft X-9. Let me know a frequency and a time.

Wil

I’m a General in the Chicago area. I would be interested in a relay.
My father is a ham in that area.
WA1YNE
He is in Texas for the month but will return in March. Not sure if he took his little hand held with him, but i doubt it would reach that far anyway.
If you can get him, tell him Wil says hi.

JRLym

I would consider going and upgrading to General if this gets going. I only have vhf/uhf setups on the house right now but can rig up for hf in about an hour.

Simms65

Shenanigans!
Staff member
Administrator
You guys are killing me here. I'm casually studying for the Tech license and you're gonna make me want to upgrade to General.

TomScott

It'd be interesting to see how many other hams there are. However, I haven't done anything with HF since I upgraded to General several years ago, and the only radio I have that comes close was my FT-8900 that was in my truck, but has been sitting in my garage since I sold said truck as I never figured out how I wanted to install it in my Jeep.
I am a General class radio operator.